Smacking Ban

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not losing my temper but I'm not going to let fannies like you just post derogatory nonsense without coming back.

Coming back with what? You’ve been posting shite all morning on here. Especially the scenario you provided about a teenager stealing money.

So regale us with what you would do if you found a teenager stealing money from your wallet? 

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

4 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Coming back with what? You’ve been posting shite all morning on here. Especially the scenario you provided about a teenager stealing money.

So regale us with what you would do if you found a teenager stealing money from your wallet? 

It was a situation I found myself in, it had absolutely nowt to do with me using my fists.

I've been posting shite in your opinion, as usual on here, I don't give a monkeys about what you or those such as you think.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It was a situation I found myself in, it had absolutely nowt to do with me using my fists.

I've been posting shite in your opinion, as usual on here, I don't give a monkeys about what you or those such as you think.

Why did you share it on here then? Did you regret resolving the situation without using force? 

Yes, you do. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Why did you share it on here then? Did you regret resolving the situation without using force? 

Yes, you do. 

No, I resolved it well for the child involved, I wanted to know if anyone suggested my solution.

I genuinely want an answer to this.  Ive been told in no uncertain terms a tap on the arse is and was always within the law. The old rules say your not allowed to hit a child enough to leave a mark.  I've been told that hitting is allowed but only up to assault.

Where is this arbitrary line between a tap and an assault? Is it subjective? 

Is this whole charade a pile of shite with no concrete rules?

3 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I genuinely want an answer to this.  Ive been told in no uncertain terms a tap on the arse is and was always within the law. The old rules say your not allowed to hit a child enough to leave a mark.  I've been told that hitting is allowed but only up to assault.

I'll be honest here, when I found out about the law being passed I also thought it was pointless, surely nobody hits their kids in 2017?

I'll hold my hands up and admit that I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My children aren't teenagers, can you share your solution should I find myself in this situation in the future?

All kids are different, what works for one will be a disaster for another.

I sat my son down and had a serious conversation about what he'd done and why he stole the money, then I gave him the tenner as he obviously needed it, it worked as he has always asked for cash if he needed it, my wife wasn't happy about it but it worked with him. If I'd done the same with my other son we'd be in the poor house by now.

12 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Why don't you go away and research it if you're genuinely confused. If you want a shorthand  version just don't hit your kids. If your bizarre tapping thing isn't hitting then you're fine. If it is then stop.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

All kids are different, what works for one will be a disaster for another.

I sat my son down and had a serious conversation about what he'd done and why he stole the money, then I gave him the tenner as he obviously needed it, it worked as he has always asked for cash if he needed it, my wife wasn't happy about it but it worked with him. If I'd done the same with my other son we'd be in the poor house by now.

You gave your son a tenner after you caught him stealing? No wonder you're struggling.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

You gave your son a tenner after you caught him stealing. No wonder you're struggling.

Where did you get the impression that I was struggling?

Just now, ayrmad said:

Where did you get the impression that I was struggling?

Just the vibe I'm getting from your posts.

Those advocating hitting their kids are suggesting that there are sometimes no other options. I can see why that might be your conclusion if your other attempts include rewarding your children for stealing.