Aberdeen v Celtic - 25/10/17

Bookies don't fancy our chances much. Best odds 11/2 for a home win.
Pretty damning indictment on Scottish football when the team 2nd on goal difference only is such high odds at home.
I'll be having a flutter though. Aberdeen win Logan to score anytime. 11/2 and 16/1. Or possibly go for 2-1 Logan anytime at 130/1.

Would never bet against Celtic but that would be worth a punt. We are now at the end of playing 3 solid games in a week with a burnt out squad and a make shift defence.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And i still think we'll win with plenty to spare.

Personally I dont, would take a draw all day right now, that many players looked out on their arse full time past two games you couldnt comfortably change that many players for this one without disjointing the team like against Dundee.
Think it might be a cracking game though.

Guest Bob Mahelp

After deliberately not giving a shit in the semi-final against his beloved Hibs, and sulking aboot like a wee bairn because he had to play against them, Griffiths will suddenly come onto a game at Pittodrie. 

Hard to see anything other than a comfortable Celtic win TBH, 3-1 or something like that. Especially if we bring Considine back in.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Would never bet against Celtic but that would be worth a punt. We are now at the end of playing 3 solid games in a week with a burnt out squad and a make shift defence.

Somebody has to bet you sometime but it's more likely to be a game where Celtic take the opposition for granted. That will probably not happen on Wednesday.

Our best hope is to attack because we would not want to be trying to shitfest this. Celtic are far better middle to front than at the back. The problem is trying to keep up the attacking tempo for a whole game and not letting them have a second on the ball. We did it well for most of the game in the final but still weren't good enough.

I'm thinking that Aberdeen, at home are capable of beating Celtic. No question, they are a great side, you don't go on a 60 game unbeaten domestic run otherwise.  However, for all their massive wealth, there are weaknesses in their squad and they rely heavily on Scott Brown. Fatigue has got to be a factor after the week they have put in. 

We have a lot in our favour and if the team performs to its full potential we could win this. 2-0 Aberdeen. Both goals from set pieces. 

Lewis

Saint Logan  Arnason     McKenna   Considine

Tansey            OConnor   McLean       Shinnie

May              Rooney

I'm thinking that Aberdeen, at home are capable of beating Celtic. No question, they are a great side, you don't go on a 60 game unbeaten domestic run otherwise.  However, for all their massive wealth, there are weaknesses in their squad and they rely heavily on Scott Brown. Fatigue has got to be a factor after the week they have put in. 
We have a lot in our favour and if the team performs to its full potential we could win this. 2-0 Aberdeen. Both goals from set pieces. 
                                          Lewis
Saint Logan  Arnason     McKenna   Considine
Tansey            OConnor   McLean       Shinnie
                            May              Rooney

No rooney for me, get an extra man in midfield to help o Connor out. Rooney just disappears in big games I'm sad to say.

A fit tansey would come in for me.

Additionally I'd have shinnie at left back and Wright ahead of him, as long as he can do his defensive duties.

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
O Connor
McLean Tansey
GMS Wright
May

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No rooney for me, get an extra man in midfield to help o Connor out. Rooney just disappears in big games I'm sad to say.

A fit tansey would come in for me.

Additionally I'd have shinnie at left back and Wright ahead of him, as long as he can do his defensive duties.

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
O Connor
McLean Tansey
GMS Wright
May

I get you regards Rooney. However, he'll work hard pressing up the park and is handy defending corners. Furthermore, if we get a dodgy penalty, you want the big Ginger taking it. Might be an argument for the pace of Maynard as an out ball instead.

Not with you on Wright or GMS though. These are the best players in the country they are up against. They are both too lightweight at not strong enough defensively. 

Its going to be a great occasion , under the floodlights, full noisy stadium.  I'm going on the piss early and staying in town for the night. This is one of the games we'll have to make do with until we get the European midweek games in the dark evenings next season.

Canna wait.

I get you regards Rooney. However, he'll work hard pressing up the park and is handy defending corners. Furthermore, if we get a dodgy penalty, you want the big Ginger taking it. Might be an argument for the pace of Maynard as an out ball instead.
Not with you on Wright or GMS though. These are the best players in the country they are up against. They are both too lightweight at not strong enough defensively. 
Its going to be a great occasion , under the floodlights, full noisy stadium.  I'm going on the piss early and staying in town for the night. This is one of the games we'll have to make do with until we get the European midweek games in the dark evenings next season.
Canna wait.

I get you on GMS and Wright, my inclusion of them was based on compensating for no christie.

Stewart has proved too liable going the other way. I reckon Wright has enough energy and enthusiasm to do the dirty work, and GMS is fighting for his career against the club that just ditched him off the back of a decent performance against hibs. Risky though, I acknowledge.

Agree it'll be a good occasion, I'm on a 3pm train from Edinburgh up to the game and will partake in a few cans I think!

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Bookies don't fancy our chances much. Best odds 11/2 for a home win.

Pretty damning indictment on Scottish football when the team 2nd on goal difference only is such high odds at home.

I'll be having a flutter though. Aberdeen win Logan to score anytime. 11/2 and 16/1. Or possibly go for 2-1 Logan anytime at 130/1.

OGs count?

Just now, Suspect Device said:

We've drifted to 6/1 with bet365.  I've got to have some of that.

I'll probably still lose but it's too tempting.

a wee £25 on a home win...

0-0, injury time, Aberdeen get a corner.... that'll be an interesting emotion

We've got previous stopping unbeaten runs. 

We do too! Remember the 4-0 back in 2015 when Celtic ended the Dons 13-match unbeaten run?
[emoji12]
Also, The Famous squandered a couple of magical chances to go top of the table that year;
December 2015 -
2-2 Inverness
0-0 Partick Thistle
[emoji12]
Remember the following year the Dons missed a glorious chance to go level on points?
February 2016 -
3-1 Inverness
[emoji12]

Archived