c***s on the road

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I always get stuck behind the 40-mile-an-hourers-and-no-faster merchants. 40 miles an hour on the open road, and still 40 miles when in the 30 mph zone. Then down to 10 mph before a very late signal. 50/60 is perfectly adequate on that road in dry conditions on a clear day.

On the way home I got stuck behind a 35 mph on the open road doozy. No excuse for that sort of speed.

Oh man that takes me back to the days when I used to travel from Edinburgh to Dumfries for home games. So many occasions when I was stuck behind idiots like that.

On 05/08/2023 at 13:52, Molotov said:

Some of us are old enough to remember when (some) drivers only had hand signals to indicate their driving manoeuvres. 

It wasn’t until 1975 that candidates taking their driving test no longer had to demonstrate hand signals.

Surprisingly “w****r” was not included as it’s used more and more these days.

Was there not someone on here who made up some elaborate lie that he was permitted to use hand signals instead of the indicators when doing his driving test.

47 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Hopefully they're caught and done for attempted murder.

Yup. If someone had died, the neds couldn't possibly try to defend themselves by saying they didn't mean to hurt anyone. 

From the article it sounds like they're gonna keep doing it until they get caught too. Bafflingly stupid behaviour.

Couple junkies pull into supermarket car park and park in the disabled place closet to shop, the man gets out and paces up and down infront of the car on the phone , looks like hes trying to arrange to score as he scanning for a car it seems. While the woman opens passenger door and leans half out like shes fallen but forgotten to hit the floor while having a loud conversation on phone. Everyone walking past is looking at them. Id have thought and certainly in the old days being low profile would make sense when arranging a deal but seems nowadays its the opposite. Everyone in the close vicinity has to be made aware. 

Edited by ScotiaNostra

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Yup. If someone had died, the neds couldn't possibly try to defend themselves by saying they didn't mean to hurt anyone. 

From the article it sounds like they're gonna keep doing it until they get caught too. Bafflingly stupid behaviour.

But they will be under 25 so brain will not have fully developed thus they were unaware their actions were wrong.

28 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

But they will be under 25 so brain will not have fully developed thus they were unaware their actions were wrong.

To increase awareness, I propose dropping them off a flyover to familiarise them with the properties of concrete.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

That's what your deserve for driving into bays

See, I never understood that. When I go to the supermarket I want easy access to the boot to get the messages in there. No point reversing in when you can't get a trolly between your car and the one parked next to you. Even more of an issue now I've got a young un and getting the pram/buggy out when reversing in is pretty much a no-no. 

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

See, I never understood that. When I go to the supermarket I want easy access to the boot to get the messages in there. No point reversing in when you can't get a trolly between your car and the one parked next to you. Even more of an issue now I've got a young un and getting the pram/buggy out when reversing in is pretty much a no-no. 

Do you drive a lorry? Most bays are long enough to open the boot after reversing in.

Also saves running anyone over or driving into cars driving about the car park when leaving the bay. Don't understand why car parks don't have clear footpaths instead let pedestrians wander all over the car park which is dangerous when walking past cars reversing out into the road.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do you drive a lorry? Most bays are long enough to open the boot after reversing in.

Also saves running anyone over or driving into cars driving about the car park when leaving the bay. Don't understand why car parks don't have clear footpaths instead let pedestrians wander all over the car park which is dangerous when walking past cars reversing out into the road.

Kia Sportage, which will fit into a bay but doesn't leave much room round the side to maneuver a full trolly of shopping or a pushchair. Asda at Cumbernauld is possibly the exception as they have double lines between spaces to there's enough space as long as both cars either side don't go on the lines on your side. It also isn't helpful that most car parks have the same size of bays that they've had from their opening when most folk drove Minis, Fiestas and Fiat 500s. Even using the reversing camera, sometimes I'll not have a huge amount of room on both sides, and have to park in a bay to one side to get the wee man out his chair and hope I can squeeze out the drivers side.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Kia Sportage, which will fit into a bay but doesn't leave much room round the side to maneuver a full trolly of shopping or a pushchair. Asda at Cumbernauld is possibly the exception as they have double lines between spaces to there's enough space as long as both cars either side don't go on the lines on your side. It also isn't helpful that most car parks have the same size of bays that they've had from their opening when most folk drove Minis, Fiestas and Fiat 500s. Even using the reversing camera, sometimes I'll not have a huge amount of room on both sides, and have to park in a bay to one side to get the wee man out his chair and hope I can squeeze out the drivers side.

Isn't that the point of the parent and child bays though?

Still Kia Picanto would fit 😉