c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

It's probably caused by people joining from the slips. North bound it's made worse by people coming off to the roundabout then coming back onto the bridge, trying to gain a few car positions. 

Which people should have their genitals removed with a rusty, Bluntisham knife. 

8 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Khunts that jump lights at the Raith interchange meaning no one can move. My lights change 3 times before I got through. Twats

DSC_1622.JPG

Yes, nightmare at times that junction. Been really bad this week. One breakdown and its fecked. Any grinds to halt if the lights dont clear.

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

A large part of it is still fuckwits who think because they’re on a bridge it’s suddenly not a motorway.  There’s loads of sections of motorway with junctions similar distance apart that cause nowhere near as many issues.

Don't know about that - you don't often see 4 lanes (A90 and M9 Spur) have to squeeze down to 2, only for another lane (Queensferry Roundabout) then get squeezed in to the same 2 lanes without some sort of congestion. Plenty of close junctions like that, especially in the south of England, but they all have congestion.

People slowing down for tunnels. 

There's tunnels on the motorway near here in a 2 lane 50 mph bit that's always busy. There's a sizeable contingent of people that slow down to forty on entering the tunnel (steady), where there's no overtaking then speed up at the other end. You've a choice of waiting behind them or getting pinnedvin the outside lane as they undertake. Is there some sort of turbulence /drag effect that only impacts imbeciles? 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There's tunnels on the motorway near here in a 2 lane 50 mph bit that's always busy. There's a sizeable contingent of people that slow down to forty on entering the tunnel (steady), where there's no overtaking then speed up at the other end. You've a choice of waiting behind them or getting pinnedvin the outside lane as they undertake. Is there some sort of turbulence /drag effect that only impacts imbeciles? 

The same effect happens to drivers on entering a supermarket/retail park car park. 

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The same effect happens to drivers on entering a supermarket/retail park car park. 

You don't think people should slow down in car parks? Given the number of pedestrians wandering around without paying attention and muppets just reversing out of spaces I'd say this is one place you should probably slow down a bit.

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

See also people slowing down for speed cameras. You can be happily driving along, everyone is at or below the speed limit then some twat slows down because they think they have to be 20 or 30km/hr under the actual speed limit and it causes everyone behind to slow right down as well.

14 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

It's probably caused by people joining from the slips. North bound it's made worse by people coming off to the roundabout then coming back onto the bridge, trying to gain a few car positions. 

Southbound is bad for this also at the Inverkeithing slip road.Heading to Falkirk last sat I decided to go via the Kincardine bridge to avoid the egg chasers traffic ( plus there was an accident) and it was just backed up because of twats doing the exact same 

15 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

14 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I use the bridge a fair bit and going south the queue always clears a few hundred metres after the slip so by the time you're halfway over traffic is back to normal, so I just think it's the traffic merging from the slip that causes it. I don't know if it's poor design, people not knowing how to merge or just poor driving that causes it. 

I  always thought same thing and I'm sure it exacerbates the queue. But I went across at lunchtime and the queue began before the first tower on the bridge, some arseholes obviously can't maintain 70mph on a straight and contained section of the motorway. The deck should flip you into the forth if you allow more than 3 car lengths between you and the car in front of don't maintain 60mph.

But seriously if you can't drive on the QX you shouldn't be driving.