Rangers vs Kilmarnock Wed. 25th Oct

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the two players who celebrate by themselves, then with the fans, before finally running across to join everyone else.
It's Jones & McKenzie, Jordan always celebrates with the fans first before the other players.....

They deserve it all so, so much. It's exquisite to see these absolute weirdos fail.

Seriously. What the f**k is that? And why the f**k are board members of Rangers and Motherwell toasting the Queen? It's like a weird cult.

I never seemed to pick the "right" games to go to against both OF teams. Previously I'd been to Ibrox three times - the 97 final, 10 and 13. In those games we only scored one goal and that wasn't even against Rangers! Both other times were 3-0 wins for the home side. I travelled up with my Dad last night more in hope than anything else - as soon as we started singing "you're not Rangers any more" they scored - just like the last time I was there. 

Had we made the change that we did - bringing Boyd off for Erwin - ten minutes before we did I think we'd have won it. However when you're 1-0 down and  you concede a penalty in the manner that we did you're thinking it's a completely predictable end. The next 5 mins were unlike anything I've ever seen at a penalty and to then go up the park and score 15 seconds after your keeper saves... I haven't celebrated many goals like that one. To think we almost contrived to throw it away with the free kick in the box afterwards which seems to have been forgotten about because of the scenes and seethe too - what a night. Yes, we'll probably still get pumped by Celtic tomorrow but you know what? I don't care. That result looks to me like a statement of intent from a team who won't be hanging around the bottom few places for that much longer. I've been wrong before but I'm genuinely excited about supporting Kilmarnock again, something I haven't really been since the days of Kenny Shiels.

Spoiler

Bennett's a VL, pass it on

Just now, Andy_K_97 said:

Ah come on now, you're just jealous because it wasn't Falkirk that started the banter years (although your contributions towards them were more than welcome)

We fucking built Killie.

(We contributed massively to everything they've done in the last 20 years)

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Hibs will always be the ultimate Rangers killer kings, but fine effort Kilmarnock, fine effort.

At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, we broke the Oldco in the Cup, and have a 100% record against Newco. Show us some love please.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Way back in 2011 we papped them out the League Cup with a last gap Mark Millar free kick. At the time I believe they were unbeaten. Shortly afterwards, they died a writhing agonising death.

I would like a full investigation into whether we actually set the funniest 5 years and counting in the history of sport into motion.

I'd forgotten about that! Excellent goal too if I remember rightly. I suppose it depends at what point you consider the banter years to start. Some might say when Craig Whyte took over but I've always thought it was Valentine's Day 2012 when the administration was announced. To the BRALT to decide for once and for all!

Archived