Dundee v Motherwell wed 25th oct

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moussa and Haber was a partnership I was excited to see but Moussa was just running to win the balls that were Haber's bread and butter.

Moussa essentially marked Haber out the game.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGowan changed the game for us. Stopped the bullying. Ajls combined to make a semi-decent partner for Haber. Yet we still didn't have a shot on target in the second half.

For all the pretty football we play, that was grim stuff tonight and we could have played another 90 mins and still not scored.

Gowser had to start every game. We're always a better team with him in it. Hopefully McCann figures this out asap. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Moussa and Haber was a partnership I was excited to see but Moussa was just running to win the balls that were Haber's bread and butter.

Moussa essentially marked Haber out the game.

Honestly? an exciting prospect, thats a surprise.

Two diddies together, thats not a good prospect.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Haber didn't do much.
Moussa missed from 12 yards n had a goal chopped off .
Exciting partnership

I never said it was an exciting partnership and it never will be.  All 4 strikers aren't good enough. Haber should've been hooked 1st tho. Close to zero movement from him and when he shat it v McHugh 1st half that sums him up for me. 

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

After all of our talk about our great football, that was embarrassing tonight. Poor poor tactical show.

Agree with that Harry. We've been putting in good performances with a midfield 3 yet we change to a 2 and get over run 1st half. Change it back to a 3 then we dominate the 2nd half.  Even swapping Meekings and Hendry around was bizarre for me. 

This Spanish left back must be shite if he can't get a game for Holt. 

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yes I was exaggerating . Putting them both together was wrong.

I'm sure McCann can tell he got it wrong tonight and we can move on from this and get a win on Saturday

Let's hope so. Tonight was a disaster.  

If you're playing Haber and Moussa together, you play to their strengths. McCann then decides to play passing football with no wingers. Playing Deacon as a CM that occasionally drifts was a shocking piece of management.

Not a single player can get pass marks tonight other than probably Bain but a large part of that was down to a poor, poor tactical set-up.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you're playing Haber and Moussa together, you play to their strengths. McCann then decides to play passing football with no wingers. Playing Deacon as a CM that occasionally drifts was a shocking piece of management.

Not a single player can get pass marks tonight other than probably Bain but a large part of that was down to a poor, poor tactical set-up.

Playing to they 2's supposed strengths played right into the strengths of the 3 Motherwell centrehalfs. 

Playing to they 2's supposed strengths played right into the strengths of the 3 Motherwell centrehalfs. 

Then there was no point in playing the both of them together otherwise. Again, goes back to McCann's dodgy decision making.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Then there was no point in playing the both of them together otherwise. Again, goes back to McCann's dodgy decision making.

I can only think McCann thought they 2 would outmuscle the Motherwell centrehalfs and he was wrong. 

I was hoping 1 of them would've left a marker on a centrehalf early on but that couldn't be further from the truth. Haber shiting it against McHugh 1st half was embarrassing. 

23 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Doesn't look like there were anything wrong with Moussa'a goal there. He didn't even jump for it. Looks a poor decision to me from a ref who at the time, had lost control of the game a bit.

Can't see anything conclusive, seen it suggested that there's a hint of hand ball by moussa .

Archived