Refs

xnxx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was a 50/50 . Been in this position myself before up for a header , elbow caught  me in the nose , terrible state eye out like golf ball nose broken. Don't think he went in with malice, referee seemed to far away , prob looked like any other challenge for a header from that distance, substitution , was fearing ref would see boy was bad , and then would make decision to red card player. Looks to me just one of they unlucky things that happen in football, hope the lad is okay, it's not nice though, part and parcel of football. 

Get that mate but if you know the boy in question there probably was intent as it's not the first time he's done something like that, just a shame someone was on the end of it and is now having surgery and off work when he like the rest of us just want to play football

Mate if their was intent , then that's defo not right , in a game of football, we all play to enjoy, and cross fingers stuff like this doesn't happen to us , don't know the player, and in my honest opinion looking at it , don't think their is intent , maybe making sure he wasn't the one on the opposite end , who knows , looking back a good few times at it , his arm was defo higher than other player ,  hard one to call, different players yous different arm reactions to alleviate them from ground.

Can’t blame the ref here. I don’t know how he didn’t see it he’s looking straight at that area but it would be hard to decide if there’s malice or if it’s a genuine attempt for the ball. I’ve watched it a few times and I find it hard to decide if it’s just one of those poor challenges that happen at every level or if the boy leads with the elbow intentionally. Hope the injured boy makes a full recovery.

1 minute ago, BigBo10 said:

Can’t blame the ref here. I don’t know how he didn’t see it he’s looking straight at that area but it would be hard to decide if there’s malice or if it’s a genuine attempt for the ball. I’ve watched it a few times and I find it hard to decide if it’s just one of those poor challenges that happen at every level or if the boy leads with the elbow intentionally. Hope the injured boy makes a full recovery.

its hard to tell conclusively but it looks like he has his elbow raised before he's even jumped

1 hour ago, The riddler said:

Mate if their was intent , then that's defo not right , in a game of football, we all play to enjoy, and cross fingers stuff like this doesn't happen to us , don't know the player, and in my honest opinion looking at it , don't think their is intent , maybe making sure he wasn't the one on the opposite end , who knows , looking back a good few times at it , his arm was defo higher than other player ,  hard one to call, different players yous different arm reactions to alleviate them from ground.

Speaking like a referee here mate are you one?

1 hour ago, The riddler said:

Hahahaha am I a ref , are you aff yer nutt , lol . Dont be daft mate , just my take on it ya mad man lol haha. 

Fs mate its not a disease a was just asking coz you gave a good analysis of it thats all.

Guest Moomintroll

That was very naughty, OP has a right to be aggrieved. The positioning of the arm and the flail just before the contact is dangerous. Not premeditated, in the case of watching for the opponent with the aim of elbowing them, but still endangering the safety of another player. An arm thrown with force hurts just as much as an elbow. Before anyone asks, yes I am an ex referee, stopped it cos I couldn't be arsed with the hassle.

Watching it the first time and I didn't know who hit who in the air until the boy in white went down. Looked on first viewing that both went in very similarly... don't forget with videos it's easy to rewind, rewind, rewind... and even freeze frame before you form an opinion. The referee doesnt get that luxury. What was your first thought...? There's people on the thread before me saying it's hard tell conclusively - and that's with a video, from a perfect vantage point. What chance does any referee have in this case? 

And whilst the player in white clearly has a bad one, there are fair tackles that unfortunately result in injury. Its unfortunate the players clearly had a bad injury as a result but on first viewing id didnt look like the player in black 'knew what he was doing' as in real time both players looked to me like they went in the same.

Regarding the players 'reputation' - that cant be factored into the referee's decision at all. What's the ref to do? Book him / Red card him because he's heard he's a dirty player or physical regardless of what the foul merits. No. He has to look at the incident in isolation. 

On first look I seen 2 guys go for the ball in a very similar manner, I would have found it hard to determine who went in worse - but I would have stopped play due to the injury. After watching it 3/4 times - the player in black has his arm across the player in white - but it doesn't look aggressive or with intent to cause harm. So it would be at worst reckless and a yellow but potentially even just careless and no card. 

Watching it the first time and I didn't know who hit who in the air until the boy in white went down. Looked on first viewing that both went in very similarly... don't forget with videos it's easy to rewind, rewind, rewind... and even freeze frame before you form an opinion. The referee doesnt get that luxury. What was your first thought...? There's people on the thread before me saying it's hard tell conclusively - and that's with a video, from a perfect vantage point. What chance does any referee have in this case? 

And whilst the player in white clearly has a bad one, there are fair tackles that unfortunately result in injury. Its unfortunate the players clearly had a bad injury as a result but on first viewing id didnt look like the player in black 'knew what he was doing' as in real time both players looked to me like they went in the same.

Regarding the players 'reputation' - that cant be factored into the referee's decision at all. What's the ref to do? Book him / Red card him because he's heard he's a dirty player or physical regardless of what the foul merits. No. He has to look at the incident in isolation. 

On first look I seen 2 guys go for the ball in a very similar manner, I would have found it hard to determine who went in worse - but I would have stopped play due to the injury. After watching it 3/4 times - the player in black has his arm across the player in white - but it doesn't look aggressive or with intent to cause harm. So it would be at worst reckless and a yellow but potentially even just careless and no card. 

Spoken like a guy who’s just sat at hampden for 12 weeks listening to refs [emoji23][emoji23]

Guest Moomintroll

Remember as well the referee would have had a very different vantage point, in reality a better one, to adjudge the incident. He would have been in the ideal position to see the level of force in the arm movement, my instinct tells me that that would not have looked very good from his angle so I am really confused as to why he didn't send him off. Again just my opinion as if you are not actually there in that position at the time then you will never really know.

Archived