Aberdeen v Ross County

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

:):) Pleased with that, thought this was a banana skin and a half, tbh

1 minute ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Delighted with that. As Jacksgranda said, it had f**k up written all over it.

Well in Dandies.

Is that not what I said...:whistle

Job done but we made heavy weather of that. We were criminally wasteful in that second half with dreadful decision making in the final third. If we were even moderately clinical we would have been out of sight after 75mins.

Fair play to a weakened County team for having a decent go. Their full backs were brave getting forward and fired in a number of superb crosses I could only watch through my fingers.

Craig Curren though. That dive(well, the worst one). Wow. Just wow.

Good performance. Bit wasteful in front of goal, too many passes.

Maynard looked good when he came on. Just wish he'd get that first goal.

Frustrating subs from DM though. Rooney shoved on the wing agin when Wright was having a good game.

Lovely old job. Good to see Christie back among the goals. 

How was Stewart? Seen folk on twitter praising his performance, would be great if he could hit a bit of form, we're lacking a little going forward at the moment. 

He was heavily involved and played OK. Certainly more dangerous and influential than GMS. Just seems to be lacking pace.

Had a couple of chances in the box but delayed trying to get on to his stronger foot.

I agree with bpdon; despite not being at our most free-flowing or creative, we could and should have probably scored at least a couple more goals: Rooney missed a great chance, Christie should have scored from Wright's cross, Stewart had a couple of decent openings, Christie hit the bar from distance, Shinnie missed from close range, McLean had a good shot pushed away. I'm likely to be forgetting some more, too. 

Gardyne's goal was agonising for Lewis, although it's possible that the wind played a part. He looked a bit shaky after that, but did make a good block from Curran at 1-1. Without us ever really being in cruise control, County didn't create too much to be concerned about. 

I continue to like the Arnason/McKenna partnership at centre-back. Christie's goal was excellent, and his shot that crashed back off the bar would have been even better. Wright was bright, doing his defensive duties and unlucky not to get an assist for Christie. McLean played well. Stewart was better in the second half - played a big part in winning the penalty, and unlucky that the ball didn't quite fall right for him after working himself into some promising positions. 

I would like to see Wright, Christie, Stewart and May getting a run of games together as our 'front four' now. May looked a bit frustrated today, but I'm sure he'll hit the ground running after he gets his next goal. 

Quite surprised by folk singling out Stewart for praise. I thought he was quiet, and wasteful when he got a sight of goal. That's fitba though!

Christie was probably MOTM, the whole defence was solid and McLean was very good.

That was a fairly competent performance from County, despite the absentees. Christie's goal was a good hit, but I think Fox would have saved it. We need a better quality number 2 keeper IMO.

It’s odd. A fair few Wolves fans thought McCarey should have been their first choice when County signed him. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s good enough for that. I guess he’s the only keeper we’ve had in yonks who is actually built like a keeper.

Archived