My parents had one for 5 years and loved it, took it all over Europe and were away for 6-8 weeks at a time. They had it written off at the north of England when on way back from 2 months in France last month though and aren’t going to get another one as they have had their fun with them.

48 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't wait for my midlife crisis, we're desperate to get a motorhome. Will need to either pay the mortgage off or wait for oldies to die first though, they ain't cheap, certainly not the ones Princess Root would deign to go in.

Toyed with the idea of buying a motor home, after hiring one for a week to go up the highlands. Opted for a touring caravan instead. Just felt it was easier on days out, once you'd reached your location to take just the car, rather than a motor home everywhere, they're a c**t to get parked

Just now, heedthebaa said:

Toyed with the idea of buying a motor home, after hiring one for a week to go up the highlands. Opted for a touring caravan instead. Just felt it was easier on days out, once you'd reached your location to take just the car, rather than a motor home everywhere, they're a c**t to get parked

We were planning on getting a tourer in the shorter term but the missus is wanting a new car earlier than planned which might throw a spanner in that plan too. Either way, I'll finally have to learn to drive because she's not confident with driving either. I've put it off long enough in fairness so time to step up for when we get one.

43 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We were planning on getting a tourer in the shorter term but the missus is wanting a new car earlier than planned which might throw a spanner in that plan too. Either way, I'll finally have to learn to drive because she's not confident with driving either. I've put it off long enough in fairness so time to step up for when we get one.

The wife drove from Portree to Staffin and that was enough for her :lol: I have to admit a motor home is more relaxing than towing a caravan 

We had numerous campervan holidays through the 80's. My old man was a mechanic so would usually buy an old run down VW and spend the winter fixing it up for the following year.

Great memories of the South of France...........not so much of various places around the UK in the pissing rain!

Had a campervan for a year. Did the nc500 in it this year. Thourghly recommended. I work shifts so ideal to just f**k off somewhere if the weather is decent. Camp site folk are a bit odd so wild camping is where it's at.

7d9033557f5d0b95f0ebc1bb171e525f.jpg

12 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Are those a Canadian thing only? West Coast? Never seen one before. How much? Would it be worth it to buy one and live in my driveway?

Heard the incoming New Zealand government is going to ban foreigners from buying existing buildings. Doubt Canada will be smart enough to elect a similar government. 

Its a  97' Mazda Bongo :lol: , shocking name i know.

4WD 2.4 Turbo Diesel....i paid $ 10k Canadian.

Japanese import, but you get em all  over the place.

We are all foreigners in Canada.

1 hour ago, young_bairn said:

Had a campervan for a year. Did the nc500 in it this year. Thourghly recommended. I work shifts so ideal to just f**k off somewhere if the weather is decent. Camp site folk are a bit odd so wild camping is where it's at.

7d9033557f5d0b95f0ebc1bb171e525f.jpg

Cracking picture mate