Happy Birthday Celtic

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TheTaxMan said:

Green brigade food bank collection last week Money donated - £13,744.41
Food donated - estimated 19 tonnes.
Money is beginning to be split between another 20-25 Foodbank’s that never got food donations from us, Scottish Action for Refugees will receive a sizeable donation too.

To be fair, that is pretty amazing.   That's a hoor of an amount of Butterscotch and Applepine.  Well done bhoys!! 

When it comes to 'Ra Hoops, I say f**k 'em. PSG to win 10 - 0 at a canter.

celticinvader.png

Incidentally, whose face is that on the chump's scarf? He appears to have no features other than ears. 

8 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

steve harvey wtf GIF
"Today i heard the dreadful news,a Celtic legend died,
I held my head between my hands and sat awhile and cried.
'Cause this man he was something else,though a cruel hand he'd been dealt,
James Connolly Johnstone,the greatest ever Celt.

The fans they called him "Jinky",he learnt his skills out in the street,
When he had the ball,it seemed to all,it was glued to his feet.
The little flame-haired wizard,to defenders such a bane,
And when he'd turned them inside out,he'd do it all again.

He had flair,determination,he had courage,he had skill,
He had style and grace and turn of pace,to beat players at will.
Jimmy Jimmy Johnstone,the greatest player we've ever seen,
Dazzling defenders in the Hoops of white and green.

He loved the "craic" did Jinky,and liked to have a lark,
That's why he was a character,both on and off the park.
I'll ne'er forget the tale of how he found himself afloat,
Half pished out in the Irish sea,in an "oarless" rowing boat!!

But best he'll be remembered for his exploits on the ball,
Coz Cruyff and Best and Charlton,Jinkys' skills outshone them all.
His opponents they could never guess what Jimmy was going to do,
And half the time his team mates didn't have a f***ing clue!!!!

So now the time has come for me to bid my fond goodbyes,
And thank you Jimmy,for the joy you brought to Paradise.
For though i never met you,i feel i knew you as a friend,
And my memories of you,Wee Man,will be with me 'til the end".

Never knew of him as a player but seen him crawling on his knees into a taki after 1 of his benders , that's what I remember him for.

10 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Never knew of him as a player but seen him crawling on his knees into a taki after 1 of his benders , that's what I remember him for.

I remember seeing Jinky on a quiz show (part of the build-up to the cup final) where he was asked to identify a mystery voice. It was John Greig, and he got it right away.

The quiz master was Andy Cameron, and he told Jinky that it was only once he retired that Greig found out what he looked like, because all Greig ever saw of him was the back of his head as he ran past! Cameron might have been a *** but he recognised talent when he saw it!

Guest Moomintroll

Much as I am not a fan of everything else they do, fair play to the Green Brigade and Celtic fans for those charitable acts. However, given how much the plc are raking in they really should be doing more in this area to reinforce the original point of the club. They do come across like the Bono of football, a weekly donation of a Lustig or Bittons type wages would hardly register in the overall accounts but would go a long way towards changing perceptions. They are the only team who are realistically in a position to make a real difference in a lot of peoples lives, setting aside the fact that it is not really their  place or purpose to do so, (although arguably given the history they intrinsically linked) . I know the chances are that this post will be hammered for its social naivety but to me it makes sense.

Much as I am not a fan of everything else they do, fair play to the Green Brigade and Celtic fans for those charitable acts. However, given how much the plc are raking in they really should be doing more in this area to reinforce the original point of the club. They do come across like the Bono of football, a weekly donation of a Lustig or Bittons type wages would hardly register in the overall accounts but would go a long way towards changing perceptions. They are the only team who are realistically in a position to make a real difference in a lot of peoples lives, setting aside the fact that it is not really their  place or purpose to do so, (although arguably given the history they intrinsically linked) . I know the chances are that this post will be hammered for its social naivety but to me it makes sense.

I’ve pointed out the hypocrisy of much of the Celtic board’s conduct versus the club’s loudly trumpeted image before on here. I got nowhere.

Guest Moomintroll
1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I’ve pointed out the hypocrisy of much of the Celtic board’s versus the club’s much trumpeted image before on here. I got nowhere.

We can but try.

I think a few of you should look up the Celtic FC Foundation and have a read at the great work they do for Glasgow before you criticise the club.

The club can do a lot of things better and are correctly criticised at times but charity is one area where they are getting it spot on.

1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

I think a few of you should look up the Celtic FC Foundation and have a read at the great work they do for Glasgow before you criticise the club.

The club can do a lot of things better and are correctly criticised at times but charity is one area where they are getting it spot on.

The thing about charity is that it's not compulsory, unlike taxes, and you get to choose where the money goes, unlike taxes.

The farrago about the living wage was ridiculous as well.

Archived