Happy Birthday Celtic

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is no 'word salad'.  I doubt you even know what the phrase means.  My points were true: 1. Ra Sellick packed Andrew Kerins off to London as soon as possible and 2. The exhumation of the old dry bones of Brother Walfrid to create you as 'the charity club' is a disgusting and recent novelty among the gullible and utterly credulous dolts who buy every myth.

"Ra sellick"...aren't you in your late 50s?

1) Celtic had nothing to do with Brother Walfrid being sent to London, that was the Churches doing.  2) Brother Walfrid's work being noted is not a recent affair.  Basically, what I'm saying is you're talking out yer hole.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Too many to choose from really.

I suppose getting a bye after being humped by Legia Warsaw 6-1 then going on to being knocked out of Europe a total of three times in one season must be up there. 

No translation required.

Oddly enough Legia Warsaw feature in one of my favourite memories too.  We're 4-1 down from the first leg before we record a famous 3-0 victory to see us through to the next round...

19 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Even with an edit. 

Word salads aside, Kinky, our resident Celtic historian, is correct.  No-one before 1997 had ever heard of Brother Walfrid. :blink:

It's Monday night, he's probably on the dust again.

3 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

"Ra sellick"...aren't you in your late 50s?

1) Celtic had nothing to do with Brother Walfrid being sent to London, that was the Churches doing.  2) Brother Walfrid's work being noted is not a recent affair.  Basically, what I'm saying is you're talking out yer hole.

Of course it is.  1. Your club cut off charitable donations as soon as he was sent to London. 2. You then chose (about 20 years ago +/- 5 years)  to reinvent yourselves as some sort of do-gooders.  An utterly pathetic attempt that no sane person takes seriously.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Of course it is.  1. Your club cut off charitable donations as soon as he was sent to London. 2. You then chose (about 20 years ago +/- 5 years)  to reinvent yourselves as some sort of do-gooders.  An utterly pathetic attempt that no sane person takes seriously.

Moving from a charity based club to a business based club isn't the same as Brother Walfrid being "hunted" or "packed off to London".  Nor was "Brother Walfrid forgotten about until 20 years ago".  Happy to clear all this up for you. 

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

Moving from a charity based club to a business based club isn't the same as Brother Walfrid being "hunted" or "packed off to London".  Nor was "Brother Walfrid forgotten about until 20 years ago".  Happy to clear all this up for you. 

Kinky is one of them ones

4 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

1. Cutting off charity donations very shortly after Andrew Kerins got his bags packed and 2. That nae c**t ever heard of him until about 20 years ago says your sorry mob of revisionists are at it.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

1. Cutting off charity donations very shortly Andrew Kerins got his bags packed and 2. That nae c**t ever heard of him until about 20 years ago says your sorry mob of revisionists are at it.

1. That's not what you said originally. 2. Yer talking out yer hole again.

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Well I was born in 1985 so I'd imagine it would some time after that...

Of course it would - because absolutely nae c**t thought him important until recently.  Sad that you've bought in to the revisionist shite.

2 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

There's a dedicated sub-forum for this nitpicking OF pish. It's not this one. 

This particular thread is about, as the OP stated, ""So P&B, let's all celebrate by sharing our favourite Celtic moments."

Do try to stick to the fairway Bond, like this:

Fkin Raif

did they ever find Raith ?

I honestly have no idea about any of the founders of any Scottish club other than Wally. Kinky seems to have a whole embittered conspiracy theory cooked up about Wally and has been steadily monitoring the number of times he has been mentioned from 1888-present.

I only see this as flattering for our esteemed founding Father and a testament to our fascinating, unbroken history.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

I honestly have no idea about any of the founders of any Scottish club other than Wally. Kinky seems to have a whole embittered conspiracy theory cooked up about Wally and has been steadily monitoring the number of times he has been mentioned from 1888-present.

No bitterness and no conspiracy theory.  As I asked the other wee dim fanny:  So in which year did you first hear of Andrew Kerins?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No bitterness and no conspiracy theory.  As I asked the other wee dim fanny:  So in which year did you first hear of Andrew Kerins?

6th November 2017 when a tedious old rummy on a football forum started calling Brother Walfrid by his right name.

Just now, The OP said:

6th November 2017 when a tedious old rummy on a football forum started calling Brother Walfrid by his right name.

Astonishing ignorance but I'm always happy to try and educate you - though I know it's casting pearls before swine.

Archived