The Bah Humbug Thread

11 hours ago, mizfit said:

Well my Boxing Day plan of drink and footballs out of the window.

Apparently I’m to go to my girlfriends grannies for Boxing Day, because she was in tears last night that my girlfriends choosing to spend Christmas with my family.

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

Her grans a manipulative boot who hides behind religion, I got the impression she can’t be bothered with a lecture about sin halfway through the Christmas meal.

Apparently 5 years ago my girlfriend went to see her other granny for a few hours on Christmas morning before traipsing up to the psycho granny’s.

The psycho one waited outside the entire time and then moaned about how she was spending Christmas with the sinful part of the family emoji23.png

This gran sounds like a huge cuntress. Why do folk put up with that sort of shite? Family or not, she needs to be telt to get right to f**k and stop being a manipulative old bigoted crone.

Or you could smash up her heating and hope for a particularly cold winter...

I used to hate Christmas but now the boys are grown up I enjoy it much more.

No mental piles of gifts, we'll all have a very relaxed dinner and have a bevvy together and watch a bit of shite telly, then they piss if to their own houses.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

This gran sounds like a huge cuntress. Why do folk put up with that sort of shite? Family or not, she needs to be telt to get right to f**k and stop being a manipulative old bigoted crone.

Easier said than done, my missus has a fecked up relationship with her own mum and prefers me to be with her when she(we :() visit because I deal with her a bit more robustly. Mrs Root is a bright woman but like a lot of lassies she struggles to deal with her own mum. 

Yup, bitches really do be crazy. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd turn up blind drunk and hope not to be invited back.

Not just a way of the retail sector trying to squeeze as much out of you as possible (to the extent that millions feel forced to buy loads of stuff they can't afford), but the primary driving force of Christian indoctrination, encouraging kids to swallow the Jesus pill through the promise of presents (or copious amounts of chocolate for Easter), without which the whole thing would die on its arse.

The rest is just a bunch of snow-themed decorative tack and overly-repeated films for a day on which it never seems to snow, plus huge focus on something that's no more than a big Sunday dinner with a cracker containing an uncomfortable hat, unfunny joke and some gadget that'll end up in landfill a week later. Can't even get a long lie on a Sunday.

Brings families closer together for some I suppose (or drives them completely apart, if not suicide rate), but can't say it's worth the expense and/or hassle. The mulled wine is decent though I suppose.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

There's your problem right there.

I couldn't think of anything worse than spending Christmas Day with 18 members of my family. Shower of c***s.

I have immediate family who I stay in touch with as required. Beyond that, I don't even know all the extended family names or where they live.