Rovers v spiders

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zanatta, great player [emoji23]

That first hour was awful viewing, good change by the gaffer. Smith again though, slow fucking slow at getting the ball out, JT screaming for it numerous occasions in the first half. That same ball to Murray and then a tame square ball from Murray was brutal to watch.
Hopefully the first timers return, even 50-60% of them, got to say that would be a success.
Zanatta done really well when he came on, fair play to the boy, stretched the game and ran at boys which we badly needed. First incident in the box was a penalty I think, will decide on the highlights. Second incident in the box, he beat the player and the 2 QP players stood together and blocked his run, obstruction but would’ve been soft to give the penalty, couldn’t do anything about it and not a dive.

On to the next game, COYR [emoji1080]

8 hours ago, Saturday Night Slider said:

Time for a change of manager at Queens ??

No. You would have to be a bit of a fickle nutjob to think that. 

We're definitely going down but Gus won't be our first manager to experience that unfortunately 

The Novar was good! 

Credit to Smith for making the changes, but I really think to move forward we need to get Vaughan into an attacking midfielder role as we did after the change. We shared a lot of possesion in the first half, as right from the off we were hoofing it up the park. I actually watched during the first ten minutes, and not once did we played the ball through the midfield, to an attacker, on the ground. Each time it was defence to attack, with a long ball to Buchanan or Spence. It was only with Vaughan going more central, and Herron coming off, did we get our foot down on the ball and attack. 

It's difficult for the club, as you can tell the owners are trying to be a bit more creative with getting people in . We held a welcome session yesterday, and the first 60 minutes wouldn't have been the main attraction. It's a bit of a daft situation. The players don't seem to want to play the ball as they don't want to take risks and get berated.  The fans want them to play the ball, and so start getting vocal.  I'd have no problem if we move Vaughan into midfield as I'd be confident he'd still get goals and also offer creativity. 

My take on yesterday. If we are going to persist with long aimless punts to Spence and buchanan we need to have the midfield push on to win the second ball. It's pointless just punting it into an area if you don't have your team closing down the likely zones for where it is going to fall from the clearance. Zannata did make the difference yesterday because he was played wider than he has been so was able to utilise his height and pace a bit more, I'd say that's more of his natural role than up front. Buchanan works his arse off but you can see how frustrated he is with the piss poor service he's getting. Vaughan needs to release the ball earlier, he really is believing his own hype now and it's not helping his game or the teams. Smith didn't really do much wrong but I have no confidence with balls into the box with him in goals. Lennox was kicking strongly enough to suggest his groin is fine now in the warmup. Zannata needs to stop diving about, it's embarrassing. Good luck to the spiders but you desperately need a striker in. You had nothing up top yesterday.

Tldr etc

Archived