QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

The Thistle goals don’t look any better from our point of view having seen the highlights.

As pointed out by those with better eyesight than me our goal was very unusual. You’d think a goal like that would result in the ball spinning and floating towards goal, but it absolutely rifled into the net.

Good luck to Thistle in the next round, I hope you get a favourable draw. I’m sure we’ll get an opportunity for some revenge in our 4 games next season ;-)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

As pointed out by those with better eyesight than me our goal was very unusual. You’d think a goal like that would result in the ball spinning and floating towards goal, but it absolutely rifled into the net.

In fairness, in the brief highlights on Sportscene, it was much less clear.  I thought that without the accompanying commentary, it might have seemed like the cracking finish you thought you'd seen at first.

From the main stand however, it really was clearly the way it's been described.

Heads sore as feck today and worth it. That was a smashing away day all in. Great seeing every Jags fan out having a ball. Cheers Dumfries, you were great.

Glad you enjoyed it......you’ll have at least 2 trips here next season to look forward too [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Glad you enjoyed it......you’ll have at least 2 trips here next season to look forward too emoji16.png

Heard this hundreds of times on here in the 5 years since our return to the top flight. Wrong every single time, obviously. 8)

Thought it was a very decent cup tie and whilst I'm sure Queens' will feel like they deserved a replay, I always felt that we'd have enough to edge it. 

Booth was the best player on the pitch and looked like he'd never been away. #itsnoteasy looked like he'd been away selling hats for 6 months and nearly sold the jerseys too with a pass along the byline right to Dobbie that could easily have ended up in a goal.

Squiddy had a "Squiddy"; Spittal had a lot of the ball in the first half but struggled to have any impact and his set pieces were unusually poor; and for perhaps the first time in 10 years, Dools' touch let him down when he came on. Squiddy and Dools both had knocks during the getaway so imagine they're still trying to get up to speed.

There was a point in the second half where Barton just volleyed the ball back into the air, almost an act of defiance against the quality of the game. 

Big Sammon is becoming a bit of a cult hero. Both goals had an element of fortune but he showed great composure with the finish for the first and the second was typical of the kind of hustle he'd displayed all game.

Dobbie apart, I didn't think Queens' threatened greatly. Rooney's rampaging runs from right back were reminiscent of O'Donnell but not sure how much of a defender he is; spent most of the second half about 5 yards deeper than the rest of his defence, playing everyone onside. With Dobbie's quality, I'm sure they'll stay in the mix for the last play off place.

Archived