Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd goal was a howling bag of shite from us.

Aird made a huge difference when he came on. No idea why no more subs, especially Shiels, came on.

Battered loads of United fans though, and might leather a few in town later

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

2nd goal was a howling bag of shite from us.

Aird made a huge difference when he came on. No idea why no more subs, especially Shiels, came on.

Feeling better now cause my mummy’s made mac cheese for my tea and told me I’m her best boy.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oaft.

Notice I said "in defeat".

In victory you can behave any way you please, you have earned the right to do so (earned the right despite facing the hammer throwers of East End Park, amiright?!?!).

14 minutes ago, gingapar said:

It got a bit niggly towards the end but the closest thing to a red was the kick that Paton got booked for.

Aye, that was a red. The elbow from Morris was at least a second yellow too. Credit to Dunfermline: for such a limited team they at least try to compete physically. The dirty c***s.

Edit: fucking autocomplete.

Aye, that was a red. The elbow from Morris was at least a second yellow too. Credit to Dunfermline: for such a limited team they at least try to compete physically. The dirty c***s.
Edit: fucking autocomplete.

Financially limited. Unlike you guys. Overspending. Don't do it.

Few points from me from what I could see from the the ETL. (My Opinion only)

Good game:

The PARS. 

I think that Dunfermline looked at the Falkirk game and learned form Falkirk's mistakes (apart from trying not to be being utter dogshite) and decided to give us no room to play, and pressed us high up the park with a lot of energy, and they are to be commended for that, and the fact that they kept that level of intensity up for pretty much the whole game.

They were very physical, and in this day and age they could have seen Red on one occasion or another. I believe Higgy was took off before he got sent of TBH, as he was on a yellow and looked to e like he was getting pretty fucked off by the whole affair. By the end, I reckon a few PARS players were on a shoogly peg.

I was impressed, given Dunfermline's recent run of form as they looked really up for it today, and a combination of clinical finishing from us and a bit of wastefulness from them was the difference today.

The Victorious Tangerines,

Tried to play the same game as we have been recently, but not quite as comfortable on the ball for some reason, (probably for the reasons as detailed above), and became a bit of a shitfest at times.

Seems to me we were having real issues in the midfield, and were overrun at times.

Flood is like a new player, (albeit he lost the ball a good few times today but usually got it back having lost it), and did well at being just the utter pain in the arse he is, to opposing teams.

Stanton started well, but f**k me, he needed subbed well before it eventually happened; (lost count how many times he lost possession in the second half, and given the speed Dunfermline were breaking could have been costly), hopefully he can get his confidence back for next week.

Quinn appears to me to be a massive downgrade on Scobbie. Could be lack of first team action, but looked a yard shorter on pace and heart than Scobbie.

Durnandinio - A few great runs - it's funny how sometimes a centre half can lumber up the park unopposed; almost like the opposition are just waiting for them to f**k up. - Another solid and decent display today.

After Falkirk, great to see Fraser score (2) and could see the FK was going in the second to left his boot. Shame he didn't get the HT, it would have calmed all our nerves a bit.

All in all, a decent performance, but we were all shifting ourselves in the last 10, especially knowing that we were on the verge of going back top.

Great to see some good game management and getting the required result, great being back top. :thumsup2

Probably loads more to say, but as I'm half pished; I'll just leave it there for now...... 

Frightening to see AJ thinking that was some great performance. No idea how anyone could think we were the better team in that first half. Was far better and more spirited in the second but overall, not even close to acceptable.

Praise for Aird and McManus though. The former made a great run to win the penalty and Dece ran his arse off all day in a pretty thankless task. The less said about Cardle, Martin, Nat etc, the better.

Really have to beat Queens next week to get past this awful run. Didn't see many promising signs though. Only naming five subs is also pretty shite.

Archived