Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

13 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I like this game... but seriously - Lustig??  in the “Most hated”??  Really?  An utter irrelevance in the grand scheme of the years of tossers we have loathed... ‘f’rinstance; 

I'm not really that old, so my resentment is all pretty recent. I hate that Celtic team and he's up there with the most detestable members of it IMO.

30 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I'm not really that old, so my resentment is all pretty recent. I hate that Celtic team and he's up there with the most detestable members of it IMO.

Ah, you young pup. There’s so many, many more older era panto villains you’ve missed out on.  Booooo! 

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

4. Nick Cusack. Part of the infamous Motherwell “gang of three”,  but really led the way in GBH without remorse or censure.  These days,  makes Andy Carroll look like a legit option.

Genuinly never heard of this before. Who were the other two?

Completely forgot to include Davie Cooper but will give him a mention here, dont give me this 'dont speak ill of the dead' guff, he was a horrible b*****d, brilliant player to be fair but a detestable individual, typified by his disgusting comment to Tony Fitzpatrick about his dead son.

9 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

As GrangemouthBairn (and I'd reckon most Bairns who read it) immediately spotted Mr W, it was indeed Arnott and Cooper.  You must be one of the younger fellows on here!  At the time, Motherwell would be pretty much up there with the Fifers as the most disliked by us, outwith the OF.  This is back in the days when Motherwell got to vote on whether or not they should be relegated, which even now seems absolutely... fair and reasonable, of course.  

Cusack was a nasty piece of work;  Arnott a sly,  off-the-ball cheat, and Cooper...well, if he'd spent as much time concentrating on the game as he did winding up the opposition fans, he might have been a decent player.  There were other scoundrels in that Motherwell team, you'll be glad to know, but those three never failed to get the blood boiling.  Happy days.    

3 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Cooper...well, if he'd spent as much time concentrating on the game as he did winding up the opposition fans, he might have been a decent player.

:huh:

8 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Cooper...well, if he'd spent as much time concentrating on the game as he did winding up the opposition fans, he might have been a decent player.  There were other scoundrels in that Motherwell team, you'll be glad to know, but those three never failed to get the blood boiling.  Happy days.    

f**k's sake.

Genuinely never heard of this "gang of 3" either.

Cusack didnt seem a particularly dirty player, although I was about 11 when he was playing. Thinking about it, he may have been an 'elbows' type.

Colin "Psycho" ONeil... Fair enough [emoji23]

43 minutes ago, Al B said:

:huh:

Oh Pu-lease...Surely you realise the Cooper comment is firmly tongue in cheek?  However,  interesting that you don't seem too concerned about either Cusack or Arnott.  Glad we agree on that bit.   

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

12 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

I like this game... but seriously - Lustig??  in the “Most hated”??  Really?  An utter irrelevance in the grand scheme of the years of tossers we have loathed... ‘f’rinstance; 

1. Dave Bowman. Happy to stick in despicable off the ball/studs up tackles against “diddy” teams, but nowhere to be seen when against the big boys. A cheat and a coward, in true playground bully fashion. 

Glad to see that someone else remembers  his utter scumbaggery. Dirtiest player that I have ever witnessed. Ugly cnut too.

1. Scott Brown - Detestable creature who strolls about twenty yards from his own goal completing five yard passes to his central defenders and seems to believe it makes him a superb player. Absolute shitebag of a man who gets away with so much purely because he's Scotland captain.

2. Barry Ferguson - See above

3. James Grady - Rodent f**k.

4. Gavin Swankie - Heart of a pea, scored absolute stonkers against us, before finally joining us and turning into a quivering shitebag. Only time he ever went for a 50/50 he absolutely blootered the ball in my direction and obliterated a bovril I had on the wall.

5. Lustig - Horrendously average player who randomly throws himself to the ground then starts laughing at fans who aren't even bothered by it, constantly goes over the ball in tackles and responds by holding his own leg.

6. Jason Holt - another quivering shitebag who spends the whole game niggling and kicking folk on the sly then running away

7. Jamie Walker - Diving w****r

8. Liam Henderson - See above

9. Kris Boyd - A big lumbering f**k who spends the whole time swinging elbows

10. Lee McCulloch - See above

I remember the first game when Swankie crossed the Tayside divide being at McDiarmid. He absolutely shat it with the abuse and ended up getting hooked at half time.

He was potentially a decent top flight player but just no real drive him him. Any time you had a bit of rain or the team was against it - he was useless.

Nothing worse than players with good ability that are shitebags. Scott Brown to his credit has made a good career from little.