The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

17 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Morelos deserves a place in the Banter Years Hall of Fame.

Halliday as well. They put one of their more staunch squad members in the midfield only for him to spend 40 minutes being tossed around like orcas with a baby seal, hooked before half time, suffered a pitchside heads gone THEN had Celtic fans chant his name. Overwhelming levels of banter. I love the way they find new & unexpected ways to amuse us.

9 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Halliday as well. They put one of their more staunch squad members in the midfield only for him to spend 40 minutes being tossed around like orcas with a baby seal, hooked before half time, suffered a pitchside heads gone THEN had Celtic fans chant his name. Overwhelming levels of banter. I love the way they find new & unexpected ways to amuse us.

I propose a banter XI. I would start with Cammy Bell in goals for obvious and hilarious reasons, Moshni should also be included for same glorious game.

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I propose a banter XI. I would start with Cammy Bell in goals for obvious and hilarious reasons, Moshni should also be included for same glorious game.

Ian Black should be a starter but which one of their illustrious coaches has been 'banter' enough to lead them? Tough choice.

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Mohsni must have been taking the piss during his time at Rangers.  He's a solid player for us these days.

55 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Ian Black should be a starter but which one of their illustrious coaches has been 'banter' enough to lead them? Tough choice.

Pedro has the caravan hitched and the dug is barking like f**k ........

Edited by C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Pedro ..... Surely

I understand your reasoning, but offer the following alternative:

Who was the manager that failed to get them into the Champions League, thus foiling Craig Whyte's initial plan?

Who was the manager when they went into admin?

Who was the manager who hoovered up the shares in the new club?

Who was the manager that spunked millions and had only the two Seaside League titles to show for it?

Who was the manager that went on grdening leave when it became clear that, despite the millions he had spent, they couldn't lay a glove on Hearts in the league?

Pedro, Warbs, Murtinho and McCall have all provided moments of hilarity, but the only man fit for the Banter XI Manager's job is Ally McCoist.

33 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

If Morelos is up-front in the Banter XI, can we have a big man-little man combo with this guy?

Kyle_2808921.jpg

To be fair to big Kevy Kyle,  he did give an interview after the fact at how fucking mental the whole thing was.  Talking about going in with a weekly wage in mind then Rangers 'only' wanting to give him 3 times that.

I think he should be excluded as he probably laughs at Rangers along with the rest of us.

I understand your reasoning, but offer the following alternative:
Who was the manager that failed to get them into the Champions League, thus foiling Craig Whyte's initial plan?
Who was the manager when they went into admin?
Who was the manager who hoovered up the shares in the new club?
Who was the manager that spunked millions and had only the two Seaside League titles to show for it?
Who was the manager that went on grdening leave when it became clear that, despite the millions he had spent, they couldn't lay a glove on Hearts in the league?
Pedro, Warbs, Murtinho and McCall have all provided moments of hilarity, but the only man fit for the Banter XI Manager's job is Ally McCoist.

you missed the Whyte trial where evidence suggested that a certain person would have sued the club (sorry, company) for a million if he wasnt made manager. A True Blue.