Ten months aff the demon drink

13 hours ago, coprolite said:

You may think it's sad.

On the other hand, it makes me laugh my arse off.

What's so bad about losing control once in a blue moon? I work hard and take my responsibilities seriously. If I want to go out 1 day in 700, drink more than is wise, have a drinking adventure with some like minded folks and get lost on the way home then why does this make you unhappy?

I put it to you that you are a repressed drinker and have yet to accept who you really are. Go, go to a pub and order a double grouse with a pint of heavy, then repeat until you vomit, shit your pants and get carried home.

It won't make you sad. You will laugh like never before.

15 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why not ? What's so bad about it ?.

I take it Coprolite wasn't being entirely serious. I'm far from teetotal and enjoy a good night drinking, but   staggering about in a drunken mess nah.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Unlimited free coffee you say?

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Every single person involved in that needs a boot in the fucking pie.

Anyone using the term “Young professionals” needs a boot in the pie, followed by a stiff uppercut to the liver followed by another one. 

However, the general concept of no or little food, loads of caffeine, some good music and tough exercise early in the morning can deliver a good buzz. 

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Anyone using the term “Young professionals” needs a boot in the pie, followed by a stiff uppercut to the liver followed by another one. 

However, the general concept of no or little food, loads of caffeine, some good music and tough exercise early in the morning can deliver a good buzz. 

^^^^ Old amateur ^^^^

No better feeling then getting up early to do the chores,  taking a rain shower and then wrapping myself in a Egyptian cotton towel to drip-dry, watching escape to the country with nice slab of continental beer.  Bliss. 

Ten months dry.
I just thought I would share this with you.
Does society create pressure to drink? Alcohol is considered very much part of most occasions in Scotland and indeed most of the western world.
Meeting friends? Drinks! Birthday? Drinks! Out for a meal? Drinks! Funeral? Drinks! Train journey? Carryout! You get the idea.
I learned at an early age that alcohol did not agree with me and I never actually enjoyed any alcoholic beverage I ever drank but I kept trying . Everyone else my age drinks so surely I should too?
Do you consider people who don't drink alcohol strange? I usually get reactions ranging from disbelief and surprise to people persistently and aggressively insisting on buying me drink. Why is it so offensive to refuse alcohol?

I completely agree with you. I drink just a few times a year now and it’s almost always just to go along with the crowd. Since I got to about 25 and stopped taking all sorts of pills to enhance the experience I’ve just found drinking to be a bit shite.

On things like Christmas nights out, weddings people do look at you as if you are a bit weird.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

On things like Christmas nights out, weddings people do look at you as if you are a bit weird.

Yeah, people get strangely offended if you tell them you don't drink.

I had my Christmas night out on Saturday there and none of my colleagues were bothered that I wasn't drinking. It's surreal being around drunk people when you're sober though.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, people get strangely offended if you tell them you don't drink.

I had my Christmas night out on Saturday there and none of my colleagues were bothered that I wasn't drinking. It's surreal being around drunk people when you're sober though.

That's because it's the least strange thing about you.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I completely agree with you. I drink just a few times a year now and it’s almost always just to go along with the crowd. Since I got to about 25 and stopped taking all sorts of pills to enhance the experience I’ve just found drinking to be a bit shite.

You're shite.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's because it's the least strange thing about you.

What's your top 5?

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It's shit being around drunk people when your sober. Drunk folk are idiots. No wonder people drink.

Depends who you're with. It was a laugh and no one made an arse of it.

Hard to believe but many clients etc have sent me booze in recent days. Although gratefully received it had mostly been gifted on to others. A bottle of Polish Cherry liqueur that arrived earlier has me questioning my life choices. Stay dry or back on the booze. Tough choice.

Archived