Celebration of the Scum Slayers; St Johnstone v Hearts 23/12/17

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braw.

I said that. Feck the choo choo, hame before the cold for a dram. Braw

Feck the Jambos, am getting a choo choo to the toon for a dram then hame before the fecking Herts. Mon the saintees

Are you having some sort of breakdown?
Anyway, I expect this game to have a promising start with both teams on a high before the drabness sets in. Settle for any sort of win here.

Will be a big test this.  No point delivering a performance like yesterday's if we can't follow it up with something competent here.

Actually think a draw would be a half decent result to set us up for the derby but I'll be greedy and hope for 3 points.  Our lineup could be interesting, some big players already out and we picked up a few knocks yesterday as well.

Any team news from either end? You’d expect us to start the same XI though that means leaving MOH and MacLean out, which would be somewhat unusual when both are fit and available (and in Maclean’s case where we haven’t had a midweek game beforehand).

I wasn’t at Ibrox, as I was on holiday, but did Denny Johnstone do anything other than score? I’d be tempted to put O’Halloran up top and just let him run at Berra any time he gets the ball.

I wasn’t at Ibrox, as I was on holiday, but did Denny Johnstone do anything other than score? I’d be tempted to put O’Halloran up top and just let him run at Berra any time he gets the ball.
Berra, and Levein, are too smart to get caught up by that. They also know they'd just have to absolutely smash MOH once and he'd start hiding on the wings.

Keep the same eleven, I say. Be a different style we're against so it knight not get the same result, but they deserve a chance to build up an understanding, all eleven will be here come February aswell. Consistency is key.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

He led the line well, won a few headers and linked up not too badly. Him and Scougall played quite well together through the middle.  Would  be very harsh to drop him.

I think it wouldn't be crazy to change that starting eleven. Create a feeling that if you perform well you keep your place, and when you come on off the bench you have to make an impact.  We haven't really had that this season by constantly changing the team.

Tinker ye not Tommy.

Archived