Tales from the terraces

Girth

Just a quick place to share any wonderful sights, chants and songs you’ve seen over the years.

Two recent ones...

I was at Millwall vs. Ipswich in August. Some guy got a tape measure out and started extending it to the roof of the stand. Suddenly his mate got his measure out and started doing the same...’Get your tape measures out for the lads’.

Haringey Borough vs. Leyton Orient - I was behind the goal and bumped into this middle aged bloke with a megaphone.

I said ‘That’s Dean Brill in goal’. He said ‘Who’s that?’ I said ‘He doesn’t pay his TV license’. Cue 90 mins of random announcements about Dean being offered annual payments, monthly payments, how he can’t watch Iplayer etc.

This went on into ‘Dean Brill gave the latest Morrissey album 6/10 and prefers Dire Straits’ second album’.

Any amusingly surreal innocents chaps?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick place to share any wonderful sights, chants and songs you’ve seen over the years.

Two recent ones...

I was at Millwall vs. Ipswich in August. Some guy got a tape measure out and started extending it to the roof of the stand. Suddenly his mate got his measure out and started doing the same...’Get your tape measures out for the lads’.

Haringey Borough vs. Leyton Orient - I was behind the goal and bumped into this middle aged bloke with a megaphone.

I said ‘That’s Dean Brill in goal’. He said ‘Who’s that?’ I said ‘He doesn’t pay his TV license’. Cue 90 mins of random announcements about Dean being offered annual payments, monthly payments, how he can’t watch Iplayer etc.

This went on into ‘Dean Brill gave the latest Morrissey album 6/10 and prefers Dire Straits’ second album’.

Any amusingly surreal innocents chaps?

The first story about the guys with a tape measure is one of the most boring few lines I’ve ever read on here.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

This is exactly the level of banter I expect from a group of Millwall c***s. This has even bettered the appalling "he's got a plant pot on his head" shite. 

Aarau v YB a few years ago, away end was sold out with the YB ultras showing up in full. Spent most of the match treating us to what was borderline a full fireworks display(Glasgow Green on 5th of November style rockets and all sorts), then with about 10 minutes left they all go silent as a flag appears covering the entire away end. A minute or so later and the flag is pulled away again, with the lot of them having stripped down to their scants and going utterly mental, completely out of sync to what was happening on the park. It was pretty fucking bizarre, to say the least.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Aarau v YB a few years ago, away end was sold out with the YB ultras showing up in full. Spent most of the match treating us to what was borderline a full fireworks display(Glasgow Green on 5th of November style rockets and all sorts), then with about 10 minutes left they all go silent as a flag appears covering the entire away end. A minute or so later and the flag is pulled away again, with the lot of them having stripped down to their scants and going utterly mental, completely out of sync to what was happening on the park. It was pretty fucking bizarre, to say the least.

Did they have tape measures?

21 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Pro Evolution Soccer - "There's a strong wind blowing through the stadium" - Chris James. Terry Butcher provided the co-commentary. 

Exciting stuff. 

"two pints of milky, two pints of eh cre ah top cream milk or something I don't know”

22 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Pro Evolution Soccer - "There's a strong wind blowing through the stadium" - Chris James. Terry Butcher provided the co-commentary. 

Exciting stuff. 

I'd honestly take the old PES commentary over the new PES commentary. At least it was amusing.

Archived