The League Of Gentlemen

JustOneCornetto

Just caught up on Episode 1 of the 3 part special celebrating the 20th anniversary.

All the old characters are back, the Pauline twist was totally unexpected and I liked the nod to Inside No. 9 at the end.

Looking forward to next 2 episodes tonight and  tomorrow.

I was a bit apprehensive to watch.

I needn't have been. It was good to see the way they've evolved the characters but still maintained their 'edge' so to speak. 

There's an interesting article on the beeb news website at the moment about the new series - they talk about how attitudes have changed since the original series and whether they could get away with Bab's Cabs and some of the other classic characters in the twitter age, but thought sod it and just went with it anyway as none of the writing was done to upset anyone.

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I was a bit apprehensive to watch.

I needn't have been. It was good to see the way they've evolved the characters but still maintained their 'edge' so to speak. 

There's an interesting article on the beeb news website at the moment about the new series - they talk about how attitudes have changed since the original series and whether they could get away with Bab's Cabs and some of the other classic characters in the twitter age, but thought sod it and just went with it anyway as none of the writing was done to upset anyone.

I remember sitting down in the TV room in my halls of residence (showing my age) and someone putting the original on when it was first on the TV.  It really was completely unique.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I remember sitting down in the TV room in my halls of residence (showing my age) and someone putting the original on when it was first on the TV.  It really was completely unique.

I didn't take to it when it was first broadcast in the UK. It was whilst on a three month tour in Saudi Arabia that I took to it. So 2000 or thereabouts, maybe 2001. 

Felt there was a big drop off in quality tonight. The auld bingo dude seemed to go on for a lifetime. Just a bit meh tonight. Last night was up there with their best though so maybe it's just the expectation more than anything else. Might be alright when I watch it again.

"Inside the elephant"
Absolutely nothing has been ignored yet, even Having Pam Doove in the background reading the weather on the radio!!![emoji23]
It's still as sick, twisted and well written as it's ever been!!!
If Papa Lazerou doesn't turn up in the last episode though I may organise a riot!!!

I reckon Papa Lazarou will be involved with the mysterious photo booth.

You could be onto something there, it is just women that are disappearing in it isn't it???
95c3e409f6709fb45491cf737e82042b.jpg

Papa Lazarou is a must for final episode and hopefully we see how Les McQueen is getting on as well.
2nd episode not quite as good as first, the bingo caller and Ollie's dreams were stretched a bit too long but expecting a cracker tonight.

Les McQueen was the bingo caller.....?

The bingo caller was called Toddy, Les must be on tonight, you see him in the trailers!!!

Thought the Bingo Caller scene was excellent, sad and poignant and very well performed by Gattis, but it did seem to go on for a bit too long!!!

The bingo caller was called Toddy, Les must be on tonight, you see him in the trailers!!!
Thought the Bingo Caller scene was excellent, sad and poignant and very well performed by Gattis, but it did seem to go on for a bit too long!!!

I must’ve missed the bingo guy’s name. I thought it was Les, but having aged a fair bit. Haven’t seen the trailers or might’ve spotted that. The voice and the long winded reminiscing were so like him. Oh well!

Archived