What gives you "the fear"?

Stellaboz

That feeling when your stomach drops and a chilly feeling spreads over you at the sound, sight, smell or touch of something, and you can't get far enough away? What's yours?

Mines is chat relating to ovaries not working and that sort of shit.

Also, when I was at school and it reached 7pm on a Sunday evening... Hated the thought of another school week before the freedom of Saturday then Sunday.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is epilepsy 'turns', although I've thankfully not had one in a good whole thanks to medication. I would just get a sudden shock 'knowing' that somebody was about to walk into the room, with the ultimate stomach-dropping feeling of dread that something rather bad was about to happen, accompanied by the sound of creepy twilightzone-circus music. None of the shaking fits or unconsciousness, just that horrific feeling of sheer dread, like the sudden feeling you've lost your wallet, but x10.

Also when I realise that my phone isn't in it's usual place (right trouser pocket), only to realise it's in my hand as I walk along reading P&B rather than falling out on the bus.

Not an 'all consuming' fear but deep murky water like in a harbour, the thought of ending up in water where you can't see what's going in is probably my biggest fear (apart from admin). I've made a point of swimming in the sea when I've had the chance and its a bizarre fear as I spent a large chunk of my working life at sea. 

22 minutes ago, Gypsy Joe Swanton said:

Ludicrous question imo.

The op describes the 'heebies' as in ' heebie jeebies'.

'The Fear' is something you don't know.

Usually alcohol/Class A fueled nights out induce it, and even then most of the people that say they woke up with are mistaken. They 'know' and are embarrassed/guilt tripping/ dreading the contact with the people they have offended.

Bawz.

True 'Fear' is awakening not having a pigging clue.

Example/

Awakening Pished in the drivers seat of an unknown car in a plowed field, having gone for a quiet pint after work.

Losing Larson after diagnosis of depression ^^^

42 minutes ago, Gypsy Joe Swanton said:

Ludicrous question imo.

The op describes the 'heebies' as in ' heebie jeebies'.

'The Fear' is something you don't know.

Usually alcohol/Class A fueled nights out induce it, and even then most of the people that say they woke up with are mistaken. They 'know' and are embarrassed/guilt tripping/ dreading the contact with the people they have offended.

Bawz.

True 'Fear' is awakening not having a pigging clue.

Example/

Awakening Pished in the drivers seat of an unknown car in a plowed field, having gone for a quiet pint after work.

#LAD

Archived