Black Mirror Season 4

throbber

Watched the first 4 and USS Calister has been my favourite so far. Thought ArkAngel was quite disappointing and didn’t offer much. Crocodile was very good and particularly loved the scenery and Hang the DJ very good although I can’t really relate to the modern day dating culture.

Watched the first 4 and USS Calister has been my favourite so far. Thought ArkAngel was quite disappointing and didn’t offer much. Crocodile was very good and particularly loved the scenery and Hang the DJ very good although I can’t really relate to the modern day dating culture.

I really liked ArkAngel. Pretty disturbing concept I thought.

I really liked ArkAngel. Pretty disturbing concept I thought.

It was a great concept but I don’t think enough happened with it and then it ended. The first episode has been the best by far for me. It was about 20 minutes longer than the other ones though.

USS Callister was my favourite. Subverted my expectations in the funniest and most interesting way. Loved the cameo at the end as well. Hang the DJ was good even if it felt like a sad lad's equivalent of San Junipero and the Black Museum had a really satisfying pay off at the end. The other 3 were fine. I finally watched Hated in the Nation after somehow never managing it the first time and I must say I really enjoyed it. The concept and the pay off were really well done. Black Mirror comes in for a lot of criticism, and rightly so to an extent, but it's really easy to watch and good fun if it isn't taken too seriously.

It was "Meth Damon", from Breaking Bad.

Yeah, when I watched him in Breaking Bad I didn’t think he was too similar to Matt Damon but I’m glad he is widely recognised as being a lookalike as it doesn’t make me feel quite as foolish for mistaking the 2 of them!

Finished the new episodes, probably on a par with the last bunch, overall quality-wise. Thought the best one was ep.5 

no attempt at a message, just a really tense post-apolocalyptic sci-fi short

Ep.2 was done well but the central premise of the tech was really stupid, which took me out of it a bit.

Agree with the general consensus that USS Callister (Cristin Milioti [emoji173]️) and Hang the DJ were the best, always nicer to balance the very dark tone with a happy ending for once.

I agree the happy ending in Callister was [emoji817]

Archived