Here's to a prosperous 2018 to our fine grade of football, The Juniors.

2 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if Friday’s meeting at Blazer Park was being held in order for the SFA to tell the other participants that they were taking charge of the whole kit and caboodle and they were to go away and tell their members the revolution is coming.

No my good man, it would not be nice. The SFA have presided  over what they currently refer to as a pyramid but is in actual fact an anomaly. The reluctance of those who support it to accept the glaring issues is to my mind even more of a problem than the apparent intransigence of those in the Juniors. The pyramid as we know it was driven by a minority of the non league in Scotland and accommodated by the SFA. The result is a pyramid system that excludes the majority of non league semi professional clubs in the country. What the SFA should do is to come up with something that makes sense and put it too clubs for feedback. Junior clubs and the grade are not blameless, but can anyone blame them for being a tad defensive. My man, what you describe would be no revolution, the word dictatorship springs to mind. The Juniors is huge in terms of numbers and it would be fair to say that have many of the biggest clubs outside SFL, they also have a very prestigious tournament in the Scottish Junior Cup. The West and North have no viable progression path. Expecting big clubs in the West to play in the SOSL is precisely the type of thinking that generates intransigence, it is just not on. I have no gripe with a progression path with clubs finding their level, but this is not what we have. Forcing the biggest non league section into accepting something which they had no input and frankly at the moment is unfair might just cause a revolution. The SFA need to act as if they are interested, because I suspect they don't give a toss! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:56, GordonS said:

Positives from negatives... the fixture pile-up caused by a lack of floodlights and bizarre scheduling means there are tons of games to go to on the long early summer evenings, sitting on a grassy bank with a good local pie. Midweek matches interfere less with family life. 

doesn't even come into it in the juniors,when clubs can refuse to play under them.I don't know for certain how it happened but Linlithgow are still playing with 2.30pm kick off times.

so I suppose its a start or is it ?

No my good man, it would not be nice. The SFA have presided  over what they currently refer to as a pyramid but is in actual fact an anomaly. The reluctance of those who support it to accept the glaring issues is to my mind even more of a problem than the apparent intransigence of those in the Juniors. The pyramid as we know it was driven by a minority of the non league in Scotland and accommodated by the SFA. The result is a pyramid system that excludes the majority of non league semi professional clubs in the country. What the SFA should do is to come up with something that makes sense and put it too clubs for feedback. Junior clubs and the grade are not blameless, but can anyone blame them for being a tad defensive. My man, what you describe would be no revolution, the word dictatorship springs to mind. The Juniors is huge in terms of numbers and it would be fair to say that have many of the biggest clubs outside SFL, they also have a very prestigious tournament in the Scottish Junior Cup. The West and North have no viable progression path. Expecting big clubs in the West to play in the SOSL is precisely the type of thinking that generates intransigence, it is just not on. I have no gripe with a progression path with clubs finding their level, but this is not what we have. Forcing the biggest non league section into accepting something which they had no input and frankly at the moment is unfair might just cause a revolution. The SFA need to act as if they are interested, because I suspect they don't give a toss! 

Nonsense.
What I am talking about is the SFA acting like the NGB and actually running Scottish football as they should have been doing since it’s founding. The SJFA and, in particular, Tom Johnstone, have been allowed to obstruct and hinder progress. It is time that the SFA told them to facilitate the ambitions of their members and set up a procedure, and thereafter the SFA should be ensuring those ambitions can be realised without said obstruction and hindrance.

2 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Nonsense.
What I am talking about is the SFA acting like the NGB and actually running Scottish football as they should have been doing since it’s founding. The SJFA and, in particular, Tom Johnstone, have been allowed to obstruct and hinder progress. It is time that the SFA told them to facilitate the ambitions of their members and set up a procedure, and thereafter the SFA should be ensuring those ambitions can be realised without said obstruction and hindrance.

My friend, it would be good if they could indeed behave like a governing body. However, when you look at FIFA they're not too bad. But they have allowed a situation to proceed that has us with a system which is referred to as a pyramid. Job done as far as they are concerned. But what they are happy with is guff, ill conceived, rushed and rubber stamped. It is frankly playing lip service to a pyramid system. They turn a blind eye to the obvious flaws while those who are part of it bang on about finding levels, ambition and Junior clubs short sighted lack of ambition. 

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

My friend, it would be good if they could indeed behave like a governing body. However, when you look at FIFA they're not too bad. But they have allowed a situation to proceed that has us with a system which is referred to as a pyramid. Job done as far as they are concerned. But what they are happy with is guff, ill conceived, rushed and rubber stamped. It is frankly playing lip service to a pyramid system. They turn a blind eye to the obvious flaws while those who are part of it bang on about finding levels, ambition and Junior clubs short sighted lack of ambition. 

Maybe if Talbot and a few others spoke up when the Lowland League was being talked about you'd have a better pyramid now. Just a thought.

39 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Maybe if Talbot and a few others spoke up when the Lowland League was being talked about you'd have a better pyramid now. Just a thought.

Perhaps Hamish, but when you have a smaller contingent  grade and smaller clubs calling the shots, perhaps Talbot didn't like being wagged by the tail. Just a thought! 

18 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Perhaps Hamish, but when you have a smaller contingent  grade and smaller clubs calling the shots, perhaps Talbot didn't like being wagged by the tail. Just a thought! 

Maybe you should have barked louder rather than whimper in a corner. Just a thought :lol:

33 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Maybe you should have barked louder rather than whimper in a corner. Just a thought :lol:

Perhaps the beaks could have incentified  with a vision that is an improvement on what they had, it might have resulted in a howl! 

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

I've just noticed that "Glenafton93" goes round dishing out bad rep for anyone making a fair point but never contributes for himself. What a sad wee man :lol:

So what, i have my reasons for not contributing to certain topics, some points are far from fair and very biased but i prefer to leave that to others rather than bring myself to the attention of the Club i follow. And sad i most certainly am not and i will continue to like or not certain posts, if it offends you  enough to highlight me, well perhaps you should stop , cause getting bad reps has never bothered me . :)

21 hours ago, lithgierose said:

doesn't even come into it in the juniors,when clubs can refuse to play under them.I don't know for certain how it happened but Linlithgow are still playing with 2.30pm kick off times.

so I suppose its a start or is it ?

I know it's better for the integrity and reputation of the competition, better for club finances and better for player welfare that we play midweek matches throughout the season and play postponed matches quickly rather than in May. But there's a silver lining to this cloud - I love going to 2, 3, 4 games a week on nice early summer evenings.

Not having a fixture list at the start of the season is rank amateurism, of course.

On the pyramid - it was designed by those inside the tent, the SFA members in non-league, to suit their preferences. They want less regionalisation and more focus on steel and concrete. Fair enough, that's their choice. Personally, I don't think non-league football should be designed to suit the likes of Edusport Academy, Cumbernauld Colts and BSC Glasgow rather than, say Auchinleck Talbot, Scotland's most successful non-league football club. To me that's like designing the top two divisions to suit part-time clubs.

The Juniors would join a pyramid if it didn't mean covering half the country in tier 5, and the entire country, playing other clubs four times a season, in tier 4. But those already inside the pyramid are happy with it. 

Until that changes on one side or the other, talk of a national pyramid is a waste of time. Instead, we should focus on making the best of the Juniors, taking pride in it strengths.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Until that changes on one side or the other, talk of a national pyramid is a waste of time. Instead, we should focus on making the best of the Juniors, taking pride in it strengths.

What are it strengths which would be lost if there was an integrated Pyramid?

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What are it strengths which would be lost if there was an integrated Pyramid?

If the pyramid was implemented properly, no strengths would be lost. Trouble is that the proposition tabled back then meant loads of travel to play in a less attractive league for many in the Juniors. No thanks being the obvious response. As stated by our Lithgie chum, Juniors had very little say and were not interested for obvious reasons. 

13 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

If the pyramid was implemented properly, no strengths would be lost. Trouble is that the proposition tabled back then meant loads of travel to play in a less attractive league for many in the Juniors. No thanks being the obvious response. As stated by our Lithgie chum, Juniors had very little say and were not interested for obvious reasons. 

I was asking Gordon, but on your point any proposition is up for debate. the SJFA weren't interested in helping shape it.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I was asking Gordon, but on your point any proposition is up for debate. the SJFA weren't interested in helping shape it.

Wasn’t aware your post was answer restricted BM, a wee bit anally retentive if you don’t mind me saying. 

Auchinleck Talbot, Scotland's most successful non-league football club.

If they hadn't been merged with Inverness Thistle 25 years ago, I suspect Caledonian fans would have something to say about that [emoji12]

18 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

So what, i have my reasons for not contributing to certain topics, some points are far from fair and very biased but i prefer to leave that to others rather than bring myself to the attention of the Club i follow. And sad i most certainly am not and i will continue to like or not certain posts, if it offends you  enough to highlight me, well perhaps you should stop , cause getting bad reps has never bothered me . :)

Aye so you scuttle about posts marking them doon without having the baws to answer them. So what was it about "Maybe if Talbot and a few others spoke up when the Lowland League was being talked about you'd have a better pyramid now. Just a thought." that made you so angry, are you allergic to the word pyramid?

Be a gie boring place if everyone just posted up statements and nothing else, no chat. Weird lot Junior fowk :lol:

Archived