Ayr vs Arbroath

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're also doing it as well

It’s a good scheme.
Too many young kids now supporting the Old Firm teams. We should be doing everything we can to ensure they keep coming back as they are the fans of the future.

Yes.

No point dropping a player after they’ve played well. That performance will have given him a bit of confidence so I’d start him.

Tbf I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't really comment on how Reid played but the couple games he played earlier in the season he was horrific. Although like you said no point dropping him if he did play well and can give him a boost to build on

3 minutes ago, ShortSideCity said:

Tbf I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't really comment on how Reid played but the couple games he played earlier in the season he was horrific. Although like you said no point dropping him if he did play well and can give him a boost to build on

I thought he was better in the middle earlier in the season, wasn't impressed with him at full back.

3 at the back and just go for it I think

Hutton

Ricky Little
ToB
Hamilton

Bobby Linn
Scott Martin
Mark Whatley
Blair Yule
Danny Denholm

Swankie/McCord/McIntosh
Ryan Wallace

Really dunno who I’d play uptop with Wallace. Martin and Whatley will need to sit a wee bit more than usual to cover out wide when Ayr have it. Think it could be a high scoring game.

If we were to go 4-2-3-1 I’d play the same team but drop Whatley for Gold. Whatley is our captain and great for us but Scott Martin and Blair Yule are our 2 best in there in my opinion.

1 hour ago, ShortSideCity said:

Yeah was it against Alloa he played full back and was dreadful?

I guess you'd leave Rose out of the starting lineup then?

I just want 2 centre halfs to play well together, which 2 doesn't bother me, a new one in for added competition is an imperative as far as I'm concerned.

I'd drop Ferguson and move Reid to RB so Rose can go back into CB and Bell start in midfield.

Ferguson in my opinion hasn't done much in the last few weeks but saying that probably doesn't deserve to be dropped either. 

It's difficult to see anybody from Tuesday's team being dropped for Bell since we won 5-1.

Saving money for the Scottish cup. Funds a bit too tight after the holidays.

Usually shit myself watching the scores but will be even worse today considering how free scoring Ayr have been at times.

Although whenever I seem to decide to watch the scores we seem to get a good result so taking that as a wee confidence boost for today. [emoji6]

Mon the Broath.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Saving money for the Scottish cup. Funds a bit too tight after the holidays.

Usually shit myself watching the scores but will be even worse today considering how free scoring Ayr have been at times.

Although whenever I seem to decide to watch the scores we seem to get a good result so taking that as a wee confidence boost for today. emoji6.png

Mon the Broath.

Hope you have a powercut. 

18 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I just want 2 centre halfs to play well together, which 2 doesn't bother me, a new one in for added competition is an imperative as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I’d agree with that. Would give Reid another shot and see if he can get a run going. Does most things well then has a few Scott McKenna moments of madness which people don’t forget. If that doesn’t work then I’d consider moving Bell back to defence and putting Rose in midfield to see if that’s any better. 

Hutton

Ricky Little
ToB
Hamilton

Bobby Linn
Scott Martin
Mark Whatley
Blair Yule
Danny Denholm

Swankie/McCord/McIntosh
Ryan Wallace

Surely got to be mcintosh. I would go with the same team but back 4 but i think dick will stick with the 3

Archived