A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Strange the QPFC manager is classed as unknown. 

Surely it was the famous/infamous Eddie Hunter?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Cheers for bringing it to my attention BR. I've never really gone back to put the managers in but it's probably something I should do. 

IMG_3964.jpeg.b46b76dc1d3ebbef892780dbb024eb9e.jpeg

Reading a book called Glory and Despair. All about the history of world cups from 1930-2018 and this picture is in it.

Jim Leighton, Careca and Dave Mcpherson all look on as the ball breaks to Muller to tap into an empty net and eliminate us from the tournament, after leighton spilled the shot. This is the first world cup i watched. 

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Reading a book called Glory and Despair. All about the history of world cups from 1930-2018 and this picture is in it.

Jim Leighton, Careca and Dave Mcpherson all look on as the ball breaks to Muller to tap into an empty net and eliminate us from the tournament, after leighton spilled the shot. This is the first world cup i watched. 

Is that not Gary Gillespie?

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

What a child! I was at it.

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

the ball breaks to Muller to tap into an empty net and eliminate us from the tournament, after leighton spilled the shot. 

It actually broke as much to McLeish as to Muller, but he was catching up on some sleep at the time.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It actually broke as much to McLeish as to Muller, but he was catching up on some sleep at the time.

He probably took 40 winks in expectation of Leighton holding it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What a child! I was at it.

We were in the corner, behind the goal, and from our angle it looked like it was going out for a goal kick. We were in the middle of breathing a sigh of relief, only for the net to bulge about half a second later.

Pishing rain and a mud bath outside as well.

8 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

We were in the corner, behind the goal, and from our angle it looked like it was going out for a goal kick. We were in the middle of breathing a sigh of relief, only for the net to bulge about half a second later.

A very miserable day and the whole WC experience out me off Italy, never been back. You expect profiteering, but they knocked the arse out it.

9 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I remember at the time watching it on telly, and at first thinking Muller hadn't caught it in time and it had hit into the outside of the net.  It took a second to realise that it was in fact a goal.

Mo Johnston could soon have prevented it all from mattering of course.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Often overlooked that Mo Johnston missed a sitter.... or was it a wonder save from Tafarel in injury time that would have got us a point which would have qualified us for the knock out stage, as another post mentioned I distinctly remember Uruguay scoring a goal about half an hour into fucking stoppage to beat South Korea in another group which edged them past us as one of the best 3rd place sides, I believe 4 out of 6 third place finishes went through.... we were ranked 5th I believe thanks to that fucking Uruguay goal !

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Often overlooked that Mo Johnston missed a sitter.... or was it a wonder save from Tafarel in injury time 

Ach I dunno. I was at the other end of the ground. Soaked to the skin. 

Highlights here. Mojo chance around 2mins 40secs. 

https://www.plus.fifa.com/en/content/096e7e95-16a6-48a3-b8fd-fa09ddd8e78e?gl=gb&cid=(p_go-box)(c_fifaplus)(sc_worldcup)(ssc_archive)(l_)(ch_)(cc_)&pid=(p_go-box)

Totally scunnered. Gave away my replica 1990 away top to a Brazilian which I regret.

The game against Costa Rica was where we really needed to win. How we never won is argued because Roxburgh chose the wrong strikeforce. The Italians couldn’t believe we were singing so passionately after the defeat. 

The game against Sweden must be up there with one of the greatest nights following Scotland. 

Incredible atmosphere before during and after the game. 

Edited by Molotov