A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but Dundee United and Falkirk...

I was at the abandoned game. It was very foggy and they allowed the second half to start as from memory they didn't have to refund gate money if that happened. Typically walking home the fog lifted about 10 minutes after the game was stopped. 

7 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That match, on 21st November 1974, was Davie Narey's debut. 

Team group from that season.

Ear muffs.jpg

Some good players in that team. Anyone fill in the gaps (or correct me if I'm wrong)

??, Dave Narey, Andy Gary, Sandy Davie, Wattie Smith, Archie Knox, ??, Doug Houston

Graeme Payne, Andy Rolland, ??, Doug Smith, George Fleming, Frank Kopel, ??,??

Team is from the 73-74 season, the only year Sandy Davie and Andy Gray were both in the team. 

Edited by Arabdownunder
More information found

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

I was at the abandoned game. It was very foggy and they allowed the second half to start as from memory they didn't have to refund gate money if that happened. Typically walking home the fog lifted about 10 minutes after the game was stopped. 

I was there too. It was the first match that I had ever been to that was abandoned.

Some good players in that team. Anyone fill in the gaps (or correct me if I'm wrong)
??, Dave Narey, Andy Gary, Sandy Davie, Wattie Smith, Archie Knox, ??, Doug Houston
Team is from the 73-74 season, the only year Sandy Davie and Andy Gray were both in the team. 

Try this https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/players.php

I was there too. It was the first match that I had ever been to that was abandoned.

Only abandoned game I’ve been too. A few days later they knocked Peter Shilton and the rest of the Leicester City team out of the Texaco Cup but they must have hired generators as that was a night game.

Guest Moomintroll

20072035_Earmuffs.thumb.jpg.3eb1560eb6c2eedac49b30c1e744f2f6.jpg
Not particularly relevant but that was the day I was born.

9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

You're right: think Hamish was the keeper from the following season.

Other players, beside Narey cannot recall right now, but Jackie Copland between Knox and Houston, one of the White twins (?) between Rolland and Smith, and Pat Gardner then 'Spike' (Tommy Traynor) at the end of row.

Edit: that's Duncan MacLeod in the back row, left.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
13 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

20072035_Earmuffs.thumb.jpg.3eb1560eb6c2eedac49b30c1e744f2f6.jpg

Not particularly relevant but that was the day I was born.

Bloody hell, you’re just a child.

Don't favour posting too many pictures of the team I support, but here's another, of United's squad prior to a pre-season match at Clachnacuddin.  

The picture is (I think) from Steve Finnan's book "It’s A Team Game: Scotland’s Football Club Line-Ups in the Black & White Era".

Most of these team groups would be taken in July/August, and I've also attached a Clyde group from 1962 and a Forfar Athletic squad, 1988, same book.

See the wee face looking through between Hamish McAlpine and Doug Smith....... it isn't, but it looks like Paul Sturrock. 

Dundee-United-74-75.jpg

Clyde-FC-1962.jpg

Forfar-Athletic-FC-1988.jpg

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Yes, he only played for that one senior club. And there's wee Jim McLean, smiling, third from right in the middle row.

That's probably why I didn't recognise him...

Who's the goalie? (Not the reserve.)