A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 17/06/2024 at 16:42, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Thirds last goal was scored by the teenage Drew Busby from literally along the road here.  Drew was a great guy and IMO was one of the best uncapped players I ever saw in the Scottish game.  Most folk of a certain age will recall his 100% commitment and no little skill, but they may not know that his classmate at Levenvale Primary in Alexandria was Bobby Kerr who lifted the FA Cup with Sunderland in 1973 and who is still revered on Wearside.

Re my recent post above, by a strange coincidence a longstanding family friend has passed on this photo which I believe to be the Vale of Leven Academy U-14 team of circa 1960 with Drew front and centre (with the ball) and Bobby Kerr far left in the front row. 

Vale Academy 1960's.jpg

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

56 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"Print of a football match" looks like Tannadice. That's perhaps United's old black and white strip. Could be a Dundee derby or maybe Hibs are the opposition? 

Post got split over 2 pages. I'm certain it's Utd v Alloa.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Part of a new collection in the MacManus in Dundee. Descriptions are a bit vague. 

I think the club's are correct. The Forfar kits date it to 49-55 and Alloa 47-56. Picture 8 is certainly Tannadice and I'm assuming that's a United change kit as we played in black and white hoops throughout the 50s

United played Alloa every year in the league through the 50s son unless anyone has a clue to players then hard to narrow it down.

20240703_141737.jpg

20240703_141742.jpg

20240703_141747.jpg

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Post got split over 2 pages. I'm certain it's Utd v Alloa.

Could the United player front right be Doug Berrie? He’s back row far left in this Forfar Athletic team photo from 1955. Signed from Stobswell JFC he was at Tannadice from 1946/47 until 1952/53 then at Station Park until 1963/64. 

IMG_2128.jpeg

On 03/07/2024 at 11:10, RawB93 said:

Image 1 of 1

Pole-vaulting at Rugby Park.

An annual sports day was held in Kilmarnock for 500 years, until 1831 when it was stopped due to an unruly crowd.  The day which was traditionally held on Shrove Tuesday was revived later in the 19th century by the town's Football and Rugby clubs and was held at Rugby Park, the ground which they shared.

Still happens to this very day.....

JS98031345.jpg