What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What makes Hearts' website effort even more 'impressive' is that whoever got the job of assembling & photoing it couldn't even manage to apply the stickers anything like straight. Hilarious:

Aye, but you know it's the real deal when it comes with the Certificate of Authenticity...

lmao.jpg

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Wait, this is actually a thing? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I genuinely thought this was Jambos fans hitching on the back of the Hampden Exuberance Hibs Lego that was doing the rounds yesterday.

Is the Hibs one in fact hit hitching onto this embarrassment?

I’m gobsmacked here. emoji23.png

It is most definitely a thing

It's an Aberdeen company so most of their Football Lego has been Aberdeen FC related

http://printabrick.co.uk/squad-afc-printabrick-puzzle-bricks-157-p.asp

Obviously no small company is going to risk doing business with Rangers at the moment, but  there's Lego set coming for Celtic and Hibs fans soon.,I assume the former will be Lisbon themed and the Hibs one will be 2016 themed 

If you think there's a market for a Lego 1971 Partick Thistle League Cup Parade bus (and we're approaching the 50th anniversary) then you'll need to get in touch with them.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It is most definitely a thing

It's an Aberdeen company so most of their Football Lego has been Aberdeen FC related

http://printabrick.co.uk/squad-afc-printabrick-puzzle-bricks-157-p.asp

Obviously no small company is going to risk doing business with Rangers at the moment, but  there's Lego set coming for Celtic and Hibs fans soon.,I assume the former will be Lisbon themed and the Hibs one will be 2016 themed 

If you think there's a market for a Lego 1971 Partick Thistle League Cup Parade bus (and we're approaching the 50th anniversary) then you'll need to get in touch with them.

Hibs and Celtic aren't exactly endorsing it though, are they? Also, the Aberdeen thing is being sold for £10 by the company itself. Aberdeen haven't bought the stock from the company and attempted to shelf it off to their fans for 8x the price. Only an extremely shady club would do that.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Hibs and Celtic aren't exactly endorsing it though, are they? Also, the Aberdeen thing is being sold for £10 by the company itself. Aberdeen haven't bought the stock from the company and attempted to shelf it off to their fans for 8x the price. Only an extremely shady club would do that.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2015/10/23/limited-edition-afc-lego-bus-on-sale-now/

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Bloody Nora. I thought someone was taking the piss with an old toy but it's current. The whole thing is beyond embarrassing.

Scary thing is it looks like they may have sold 350 of the 500 already. 

Nice wee earner.^_^

To my knowledge we didn’t do an open top bus parade so any authentic re-creation would have to be the players holding the cup out the skylight of a single decker. [emoji23]

That aside, such trinkets might attract interest among fans if they were a tenner or so, although I wouldn’t bother with one myself.
What on earth makes this effort worth 80 quid?

32 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

To my knowledge we didn’t do an open top bus parade so any authentic re-creation would have to be the players holding the cup out the skylight of a single decker. emoji23.png

That aside, such trinkets might attract interest among fans if they were a tenner or so, although I wouldn’t bother with one myself.
What on earth makes this effort worth 80 quid?

John Lambie's Doocot or Dennis McQuade and his three wheeled car maybe?

Having taken my nephew to a Lego Fair I've seen quite how hardcore grownup Lego nerds are about their hobby so I suspect that at least some of the uptake will be from Lego Fans with an interest in football as opposed to football fans with an interest in Lego

John Lambie's Doocot or Dennis McQuade and his three wheeled car maybe?
Having taken my nephew to a Lego Fair I've seen quite how hardcore grownup Lego nerds are about their hobby so I suspect that at least some of the uptake will be from Lego Fans with an interest in football as opposed to football fans with an interest in Lego

Is it not fake stuff, though?

Sacrilegious for Lego fans to buy then, surely? [emoji50]

17 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Is it not fake stuff, though?

Sacrilegious for Lego fans to buy then, surely? emoji50.png

Apparently the Aberdeen set used Genuine Lego Bricks, I don't know whether they were able to source official Maroon bricks for this project. 

Serious builders seem to be into custom bricks from 3rd party suppliers, or even 3D printing them at home. A bit like boy racers with their custom car parts only less likely to kill themselves or other road users in a blazing ball of twisted steel.

Hibs are following the Hearts trend by bringing out a toy representation of their 2016 Scottish Cup victory.

IMG_2453.jpg

They are selling it for a far more reasonable price though. RRP not confirmed but expected to be somewhere between £16.90 and £19.02.