What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

John Lambie being mic'd up and broadcast live on Sky would have them off the air before half time.

They should at least get it on someone who is more likely to lose the plot. Would be mildly interested in hearing a fully raging Martindale or Robinson trying to hide it mid flow or hearing the batshit thoughts of Derek Adams. Dont be giving it to the sensible ones.

There would be a lot of 'aw fur fucksakes'  all game, amongst his angry shouting at our players.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Does nobody like just watching a game of football anymore? 

Sky should really be using the BT sport approach from a couple of seasons ago.

When watching back the highlights from games at Ibrox during our Europa League final run, the coverage, particularly at goals, was excellent. They seemed to focus more on the fan experience and had these unique zip-line type camera angles that really showed the stadium bouncing.

I’d rather watch that during the Edinburgh derby rather than some pishy interview or touchline view.

This video is peak sports broadcasting, in my opinion (there is obvious bias at play I appreciate).

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Fair play to Sky for trying to make the Edinburgh Derby a watchable experience, probably their most ambitious project yet.

The last Edinburgh Derby was a brilliant game of football. And the one before that was great viewing with a full scale riot*

*pushing, shoving, swearing and cap flipping.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Can't believe Montgomery has signed up for this. Firstly, I'd hate to be mic'd up in my work. Easy for wee bits of it to be taken out of context later or misunderstood by people unfamiliar with the job. I don't see what he can possibly gain from it.

If they lose, anything silly he's said in the heat of the moment will be amplified and used against him. It wouldn't be me.

Also, it all sounds fantastically shite.

Good luck to those of you who enjoy hearing an hour and a half of some guy shouting at players who are ignoring him, and occasionally swearing at the officials.

As for the Hearts pre-match meal? 😂

Edited by VincentGuerin

54 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

The last Edinburgh Derby was a brilliant game of football. And the one before that was great viewing with a full scale riot*

*pushing, shoving, swearing and cap flipping.

I was absolutely at it there to be fair. There was a good few years it was utterly dire but generally I quite enjoy it

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Does nobody like just watching a game of football anymore? 

Its just another desperate attempt to be seen to be doing something "innovative" and "improving the fan experience".

Amazon just about blew their load every time the pointed out they had some lines on the scoreboard detailing how many subs each team had left.

Would much rather they tried something truly innovative and have co-commentators and pundits who werent amongst the thickest and/or dullest individuals ever produced.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Its just another desperate attempt to be seen to be doing something "innovative" and "improving the fan experience".

Amazon just about blew their load every time the pointed out they had some lines on the scoreboard detailing how many subs each team had left.

Would much rather they tried something truly innovative and have co-commentators and pundits who werent amongst the thickest and/or dullest individuals ever produced.

You expect me to believe you won't be tuned in to see Craig Halkett eat his dinner?

It's to appeal to the Tik Tok/Subway Surfer/melted brain generation. A whole football match? Boring. They'll be looking at my phone and scrolling. Put some more stuff on the screen and they'll pay more attention.

Although f**k knows what the Hearts dinner thing is supposed to appeal to. Perverts, probably.

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's to appeal to the Tik Tok/Subway Surfer/melted brain generation. A whole football match? Boring. They'll be looking at my phone and scrolling. Put some more stuff on the screen and they'll pay more attention.

Although f**k knows what the Hearts dinner thing is supposed to appeal to. Perverts, probably.

For a brief period, BT Sport had some sort of VR/augmented reality option where wee flames came out the back of the ball if someone kicked it hard etc. Very odd. 

ETA heres some of it here....

Edited by Bairnardo

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For a brief period, BT Sport had some sort of VR/augmented reality option where wee flames came out the back of the ball if someone kicked it hard etc. Very odd. 

This looks much worse than when Fox used the glow puck in the NHL, which I didn't think was possible (even if it served some purpose given the size/speed of a hockey puck and picture quality in the 90s)

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This looks much worse than when Fox used the glow puck in the NHL, which I didn't think was possible (even if it served some purpose given the size/speed of a hockey puck and picture quality in the 90s)

Even just the clip of the BT sport thing is enough to give your arse a sore head

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That is horrendous. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

They'll be looking at my phone and scrolling.

Just to have a wee moan whilst the chance is here.

I know that this is just society these days and people are glued to their phones but how in the name of god can anyone go to watch their own team and spend the whole game looking at their phone? Just don’t go if that’s what you are going to do.

It really does my fucking head in at Rugby Park to see people staring at their phone for most of the game. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Sky should really be using the BT sport approach from a couple of seasons ago.

When watching back the highlights from games at Ibrox during our Europa League final run, the coverage, particularly at goals, was excellent. They seemed to focus more on the fan experience and had these unique zip-line type camera angles that really showed the stadium bouncing.

I’d rather watch that during the Edinburgh derby rather than some pishy interview or touchline view.

This video is peak sports broadcasting, in my opinion (there is obvious bias at play I appreciate).

Apparently there is really only one company that does and it is quite expensive. I can remember a podcast with Derek Rae who said it was even quite a big deal to get them to do it for a Europa league game, it is class though.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely never knew this existed, and I was happier that way.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ve long since said I far sooner watch televised matches with crowd noise only and no commentary whatsoever. 
Commentators and summarisers just talk constant bollocks. 

Amazon have that facility. The difference is remarkable. Whichever TV Exec decided that what would improve coverage was introducing the pub experience of being sat next to two bores who sit and chat inane garbage for the entire match needs taken out and shot. 

27 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just to have a wee moan whilst the chance is here.

I know that this is just society these days and people are glued to their phones but how in the name of god can anyone go to watch their own team and spend the whole game looking at their phone? Just don’t go if that’s what you are going to do.

It really does my fucking head in at Rugby Park to see people staring at their phone for most of the game. 

You can apply this to lots of things besides the football, sadly.