What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

27 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just to have a wee moan whilst the chance is here.

I know that this is just society these days and people are glued to their phones but how in the name of god can anyone go to watch their own team and spend the whole game looking at their phone? Just don’t go if that’s what you are going to do.

It really does my fucking head in at Rugby Park to see people staring at their phone for most of the game. 

You can apply this to lots of things besides the football, sadly.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

You can apply this to lots of things besides the football, sadly.

I’m quite bad for being on my phone in the house a lot but when I am out and about with the other half or my daughter I find it pretty easy to just put my phone in my pocket and not think about it too much.  You see people buried deep in their phone constantly in public.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but this is just isnt true the large (and growing) amount of Celtic fans who have no Irish/Catholic heritage prove this. Even going further away Church attendance has fallen off a cliff in the British isles since the 80s also. 

Always makes me laugh how much Celtic fans try and make out they are the good guys of the bigot derby. Desperate to be liked. At least Rangers fans admit they have a huge number of complete scumbags in their support. 

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

Always makes me laugh how much Celtic fans try and make out they are the good guys of the bigot derby. Desperate to be liked. At least Rangers fans admit they have a huge number of complete scumbags in their support. 

Sectarian bigots at Parkhead , are you sure ?   Tgfitw by the way. Aye right.

3 minutes ago, well again said:

Sectarian bigots at Parkhead , are you sure ?   Tgfitw by the way. Aye right.

30 odd years of experiencing them behaving like complete filth at Tynecastle, and they still expect to pull the wool over people’s eyes. Some of the disgusting things I have witnessed from them in and around the stadium is nauseating. Genuinely vile. Basically just Rangers with a good PR department.

Edited by Kyle Reese

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

30 odd years of experiencing them behaving like complete filth at Tynecastle, and they still expect to pull the wool over people’s eyes. Some of the disgusting things I have witnessed from them in and around the stadium is nauseating. Genuinely vile. Basically just Rangers with a good PR department.

Absolute scumbag club from the top down .

4 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Whichever TV Exec decided that what would improve coverage was introducing the pub experience of being sat next to two bores who sit and chat inane garbage for the entire match needs taken out and shot. 

Paid commentators, or the channel that decided to mic up opposing fans in a wee room watching the game so we could all listen in to their "witty bants"?

Sometimes I find an occasional dodgy stream of one of our away games that has no commentary and just stadium noise. Quite good but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Sportscene or highlights like that. Maybe for live games they could make it a toggle on/off. Anyway you do miss out on some things, like the one I had for the St Mirren game where the commentator mentioned Obika clearing the ball twice when he was an unused sub....

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Nah there is a decent amount bellends in our support, however to be compared to Rangers fans is pretty ridiculous, I'm sure you know the feeling.

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Does nobody like just watching a game of football anymore? 

It's a frequent bugbear of mine in televised football, which has definitely gotten worse over the last decade or so, that they spend less and less time showing what's actually happening on the park.

If you're not seeing a goal kick being taken because you're getting a replay of a missed sitter seconds before it then fine, but increasingly a choice is made to cut away from the ball being in play to show a manager shouting on the touchline, a crowd shot, lingering replays of players grimacing minutes earlier. I have little doubt Montgomery having a mic on is going to see the camera cutting to him more often, so the commentators can make quips about it and give reminders about this great innovation.

You will inevitably miss goals if you're pissing about showing a replay of a defender's facial expression as he made a tackle to concede a corner and therefore don't show the corner being taken, or try to do some arty camerawork lingering on a player who's just played a pass rather than simply following the ball. Stop it, I'm trying to watch a game here.

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m quite bad for being on my phone in the house a lot but when I am out and about with the other half or my daughter I find it pretty easy to just put my phone in my pocket and not think about it too much.  You see people buried deep in their phone constantly in public.

I have some sympathy for people in general over this, because like you I try to make conscious choices to put it away, but its now the conscious choice to put your phone away as opposed to looking at it. You are up against multi billion dollar industries whose sole purpose is to keep you addicted to it. Theres a whole science to it and its genuinely difficult to compete against. Off topic all the same. 

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ve long since said I far sooner watch televised matches with crowd noise only and no commentary whatsoever. 
Commentators and summarisers just talk constant bollocks. 

Absolutely.

If I'm watching a game on SKY or TNT on my laptop, I never turn the sound up. I don't watch the pre-match stuff or the HT discussion.

It invariably turns into ex-old scum players exhibiting ridiculous bias towards whichever of the arse cheeks that they played for.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Kilmarnock board doing themselves absolutely no favours with the stereotypes here :lol:

Historically many of the first home games of the year played by Rangers* must have been against Celtic.  What happens to the Loving Cup ceremony then?  Are the Celtic directors invited or excluded?  And if they are invited, do they toast the monarch?