What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Have Hibs done anything today?

Hibs owner Ron Gordon has branded the SPFL's fixture list as 'poorly planned on multiple fronts', claiming that making his side's first home game an Edinburgh derby is 'foolish and absurd'. https://t.co/uBOaVJFnHv

Poorly planned on multiple fronts sums up his tenure nicely.

32 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Hibs owner Ron Gordon has branded the SPFL's fixture list as 'poorly planned on multiple fronts', claiming that making his side's first home game an Edinburgh derby is 'foolish and absurd'. https://t.co/uBOaVJFnHv

He doesnt seem to understand what opening day means.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Have Hibs done anything today?

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Looks like this thread may as well be changed to ‘ what have hibs done now?’

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

He doesnt seem to understand what opening day means.

Our new upgraded stadiums home opening day.

He also has a point, at a time the league are trying very hard to increase income and gates the first home game of the season aganst whoever seems to attract tourists and others that have the feelgood factor back for a game or two.  Derby will sell out regardless so they guys who would go won't come the end of August.  

Unfortunately for Ron, his rant at it was in reply to a question asking if he is confident the team will be ready not to get smashed off Hearts (which we will btw).

17 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Rangers aside our club’s European matches are an litany of embarrassment.

Yes because losing at home to 10 men Malmo 1-0 up at half time to miss out on tens of millions of £ last year wasn't in the slightest bit embarrassing.  Nor was Progres.

Oh ffs - just realised:

Hibs executive chairman Ron Gordon has launched a critical verbal assault on the SPFL for their scheduling of the season's first Edinburgh derby.

At Tuesday’s AGM of the Scottish Professional Football League, the 42 member clubs elected the seven club representatives who will serve on the SPFL Board for the forthcoming season.

The SPFL Board includes three cinch Premiership representatives, two from the cinch Championship and two covering cinch League 1 and cinch League 2, one as an alternate director.

Elected to serve on the 2021/22 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

• cinch Premiership: Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)
  • cinch Championship: Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic)
  • cinch League 1 and League 2: Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic), Alternate director - Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians)

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Oh ffs - just realised:

Hibs executive chairman Ron Gordon has launched a critical verbal assault on the SPFL for their scheduling of the season's first Edinburgh derby.

At Tuesday’s AGM of the Scottish Professional Football League, the 42 member clubs elected the seven club representatives who will serve on the SPFL Board for the forthcoming season.

The SPFL Board includes three cinch Premiership representatives, two from the cinch Championship and two covering cinch League 1 and cinch League 2, one as an alternate director.

Elected to serve on the 2021/22 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

• cinch Premiership: Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)
  • cinch Championship: Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic)
  • cinch League 1 and League 2: Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic), Alternate director - Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians)

I don't like internet memes, except when I do. I never tired of the "successful businesswoman Anne Budge" stuff when she was whining to the media on a daily basis about Hearts' tragic and in no way amusing 2020 relegation. Ron seems to be trying to emulate her so surely deserves the same accolade.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't like internet memes, except when I do. I never tired of the "successful businesswoman Anne Budge" stuff when she was whining to the media on a daily basis about Hearts' tragic and in no way amusing 2020 relegation. Ron seems to be trying to emulate her so surely deserves the same accolade.

Look how much I've manged to f**k up so far buddy.

See the source image

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The goings on at Easter Road have   provided so many echoes  of events at Hearts that I’d rather forget that my it’s lacing my schadenfreude with pity

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Our new upgraded stadiums home opening day.

He also has a point, at a time the league are trying very hard to increase income and gates the first home game of the season aganst whoever seems to attract tourists and others that have the feelgood factor back for a game or two.  Derby will sell out regardless so they guys who would go won't come the end of August.  

The state of this utter nonsense.

Unless Hibs are generously going to split any extra tourist revenue equally across 12 top flight clubs, it is irrelevant whether your game would sell out or not. It's not the SPFL's job to maximise your income alone at the expense of competing clubs - most likely the other members of the bottom 4 in the league, given your gash results so far.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

The state of this utter nonsense.

Unless Hibs are generously going to split any extra tourist revenue equally across 12 top flight clubs, it is irrelevant whether your game would sell out or not. It's not the SPFL's job to maximise your income alone at the expense of competing clubs - most likely the other members of the bottom 4 in the league, given your gash results so far.

They could perhaps not give us the biggest selling game of the season on a date we could attract more fans for a cat b game.  Same time though if we werent so crap we would get walk ups anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They could perhaps not give us the biggest selling game of the season on a date we could attract more fans for a cat b game. 

Why? It's not the SPFL's job to maximise Hibernian FC's revenue to the detriment of other clubs. 

And of course if you were so keen on earning extra money, you probably shouldn't have got papped out of the League Cup at the group stage.