What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Another fudpiece Scot-daan-saaf sticking the boot in.

image.png.26b15a3ebe2581c13caff593314a142a.png

Like RandomGuy says Jim, not every SPFL Premiership club has 5 multi-millionaires spunking several thousands a week on wages.

As well as the 5 ex players, there is also a billionaire involved. 

Inviting Northern Irish, Welsh, and Colt sides into the Diddy Cup.

The League Cup group stages being played mid-July and becoming effectively pre-season warm ups, in one of our two major cup competitions that form our treble. A competition that offers many clubs, like my own, one of their two shots at glory, and unlike the bigot brothers, also gives us lifetime memories of the day we saw our club lift a trophy that mattered.

If there’s anything more tinpot than the way the barstewards who run our game have fcuked around with these two competitions, then I haven’t seen it... the caveat being, if Stubbs doesn’t bring in at least another four signings of decent standard, then his summer signing policy ahead of a first season back at the top table could grab the tinpot title.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The League Cup group stages being played mid-July and becoming effectively pre-season warm ups, in one of our two major cup competitions that form our treble. A competition that offers many clubs, like my own, one of their two shots at glory, and unlike the bigot brothers, also gives us lifetime memories of the day we saw our club lift a trophy that mattered.

If there’s anything more tinpot than the way the barstewards who run our game have fcuked around with these two competitions, then I haven’t seen it... the caveat being, if Stubbs doesn’t bring in at least another four signings of decent standard, then his summer signing policy ahead of a first season back at the top table could grab the tinpot title.

I like those changes.  

What's wrong with them? 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I like those changes.  

What's wrong with them? 

How many games do St Mirren need to win to win the League Cup? How many games do Hibs need to win?

TNS away.

Next question?

Depends on what you class as wrong. Major shareholder Peter Lim  and his 'Class of 92' chums have totally destroyed what was the well loved, local community club, Salford City, totally alienating life long fans and volunteers who didn't want to follow league football and have recreated the club in the image of Man United to fuel their own ambitions. Personally I don't class that as right.
fair enough. wasnt saying your opinion was wrong mate just pointing out its a business model adopted by many clubs to achieve success. difference with them is the history of the club and its supporters which you have pointed out. not that i personally know any salford fans but i havent heard any of them complaining

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

How many games do St Mirren need to win to win the League Cup? How many games do Hibs need to win?

TNS away.

Next question?

to summarise:

change is bad because

having to work hard to earn glory is bad.

Having to travel outside scotland is bad.

I put it to you that these format innovations are not in fact tin-pot. 

You are tin-pot. 

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

TNS away.

Next question?

I would open it up., to a proper Celtic Cup. Great pre-season games.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You're just having a hissy fit cos you're pishy wee outfit dropped points against Spartans and will struggle to qualify.

Spoiler

And if we f**k up against Montrose on Saturday, I'll be right back on here to agree with you.

But the additions of the Welsh and N Irish sides to the Challenge Cup have been great; go to the Dumbarton semi-final thread from last season if you think it's so pointless, they had one of their most memorable away trips following their team some have probably ever had.

The Colts concept is nonsense and should be binned. Fans of every club should boycott those matches in my opinion.

The League Cup is only treated as a warm-up if that's how club's want to treat it. In the last three seasons it was a straightforward knockout format, the first round was played first weekend of August, so you're complaining about 2 weeks earlier for everyone outside the Premiership clubs. Is it that big a deal?

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

to summarise:

change is bad because

having to work hard to earn glory is bad.

Having to travel outside scotland is bad.

I put it to you that these format innovations are not in fact tin-pot. 

You are tin-pot. 

You’re not answering the question. How many games for St Mirren / Hibs to win the same cup. St Mirren, Killie, Hearts, St Johnstone, and more. We aren’t going to win the Premier League. We have a shot at the two cups. I enjoyed a great day in 2013 as we won it. Killie fans have had great days in the cups, so have Hearts, and St Johnstone. The League Cup group stages are being played mid-July, they have become pre-season exercises, some teams have to negotiate twice as many games as others to win one of our ‘treble’ competitions. They have put in bonus penalty kick shootouts.

In my opinion, as this is an open forum and all that, they have devalued the competition, and I think it’s a shame as for many clubs outwith a certain two (certainly for over 25 years now), those two cup competitions are our shot.

I put it to you, that you are an annoying fud.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

You're just having a hissy fit cos you're pishy wee outfit dropped points against Spartans and will struggle to qualify.

Reveal hidden contents

And if we f**k up against Montrose on Saturday, I'll be right back on here to agree with you.

But the additions of the Welsh and N Irish sides to the Challenge Cup have been great; go to the Dumbarton semi-final thread from last season if you think it's so pointless, they had one of their most memorable away trips following their team some have probably ever had.

The Colts concept is nonsense and should be binned. Fans of every club should boycott those matches in my opinion.

The League Cup is only treated as a warm-up if that's how club's want to treat it. In the last three seasons it was a straightforward knockout format, the first round was played first weekend of August, so you're complaining about 2 weeks earlier for everyone outside the Premiership clubs. Is it that big a deal?

Why would I be having a hissy fit? If I died tomorrow, I’d have seen St Mirren win the League Cup in 2013, the Scottish Cup in 1987, finish 3rd in the top flight, play in Europe many times, reach another League Cup final, play in several Scottish Cup semi finals, win the Anglo Scottish Cup, win the Diddy Challenge Cup, and four second tier championships to get to the top flight.

So, we drew with Spartans but got the stupid bonus point penalty win. Yeah, enough for a hissy fit right enough.

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You’re not answering the question. How many games for St Mirren / Hibs to win the same cup. St Mirren, Killie, Hearts, St Johnstone, and more. We aren’t going to win the Premier League. We have a shot at the two cups. I enjoyed a great day in 2013 as we won it. Killie fans have had great days in the cups, so have Hearts, and St Johnstone. The League Cup group stages are being played mid-July, they have become pre-season exercises, some teams have to negotiate twice as many games as others to win one of our ‘treble’ competitions. They have put in bonus penalty kick shootouts.

In my opinion, as this is an open forum and all that, they have devalued the competition, and I think it’s a shame as for many clubs outwith a certain two (certainly for over 25 years now), those two cup competitions are our shot.

I put it to you, that you are an annoying fud.

I don't agree on the tourney bit.

You might have a point on the fuddism.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Why would I be having a hissy fit? If I died tomorrow, I’d have seen St Mirren win the League Cup in 2013, the Scottish Cup in 1987, finish 3rd in the top flight, play in Europe many times, reach another League Cup final, play in several Scottish Cup semi finals, win the Anglo Scottish Cup, win the Diddy Challenge Cup, and four second tier championships to get to the top flight.

So, we drew with Spartans but got the stupid bonus point penalty win. Yeah, enough for a hissy fit right enough.

The groups are seeded. Prem teams avoid each other. They should qualify.

personally i like the league cup set up. does away with the pointless pre season friendlies. it may be seeded to help the bigger clubs but gives the smaller clubs more games against bigger sides and therefore increased gate receipts

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:
5 hours ago, 7-2 said:
Depends on what you class as wrong. Major shareholder Peter Lim  and his 'Class of 92' chums have totally destroyed what was the well loved, local community club, Salford City, totally alienating life long fans and volunteers who didn't want to follow league football and have recreated the club in the image of Man United to fuel their own ambitions. Personally I don't class that as right.

fair enough. wasnt saying your opinion was wrong mate just pointing out its a business model adopted by many clubs to achieve success. difference with them is the history of the club and its supporters which you have pointed out. not that i personally know any salford fans but i havent heard any of them complaining

Apologies if that came over as having a go as it wasn't meant to. 

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Put the worst ever player announcement video out on Twitter

this means they have put out a video announcing a player and the video is terrible, right?

Because i first read it that they'd made a video of a (p&b style) "worst ever player" contest.

The competition would be fierce.