What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't believe for one second you think that's the purpose of the inclusion in the Challenge Cup, and with the background context of having tried and hilariously failed to bully your Colt teams into the league structure with typical Arse Cheek bluster, paranoia, intimidation and lies, you'll simply have to forgive the rest of us for not using your prism to view this. 

I hope Danilo, Hagi and any other highly paid first teamers used in the name of shitting all over what used to be a decent cup get absolutely f**king cemented in the next and any future rounds. 

Hagi has played almost exclusively for the B Team already this season before his contract situation was resolved that meant he re-joined the first team. He got suspended in his first game back so I don't understand why it would be an issue for him to play for the B Team last night but not an issue to play for them in prior fixtures.

And as I said, it was Danilo's first minutes following a lengthy injury. How else should a team build up the match fitness of injured players if the B Team is off limits?

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hagi is currently suspended and Danilo is returning from a rather lengthy injury. How else do Rangers maintain/improve their match fitness if they should be unable to play with the B Team?

Have them play reserve football like normal teams do. 

Just now, AJF said:

We don't have a reserve team, and it appears there are only 6 teams participating in the reserve league this year.

You froze the laddie out because of a contractual dispute/you were too tight to pay him what you promised him. that situation is 100% on the nefarious nature of the people you let run your club. Everyone else has to give fringe players and those returning from injury minutes in the first team as part of a delicate balance of player fitness and first team performance/effectiveness. 

Theres no world where Ianis Hagi plays in the Challenge Cup in good faith. 

Scottish Football as a whole is to blame of course, the B Teams should never have been allowed near this cup in the first place. But the stench of entitlement is as strong as it is depressingly predictable. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't believe for one second you think that's the purpose of the inclusion in the Challenge Cup,

He doesn’t give a f**k what the purpose is. The only thing that matters is Rangers.

It’s a wonder that any club below Premiership level ever manages to return players from injury safely, without having a first team cup competition to use as a playground.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He doesn’t give a f**k what the purpose is. The only thing that matters is Rangers.

It’s a wonder that any club below Premiership level ever manages to return players from injury safely, without having a first team cup competition to use as a playground.

They are a completely, and exclusively selfish organisation. Theres plenty other words for them too but leaving them aside for now. The current discourse and whats happened in the first place is a really good example of what they are like. We've all known twats in life who are relentlessly interested in themselves only, including to the obvious cost of others. Thats Rangers in a nutshell*

*Yes, you too Celtic. 

Edited by Bairnardo

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You froze the laddie out because of a contractual dispute/you were too tight to pay him what you promised him. that situation is 100% on the nefarious nature of the people you let run your club. Everyone else has to give fringe players and those returning from injury minutes in the first team as part of a delicate balance of player fitness and first team performance/effectiveness. 

Theres no world where Ianis Hagi plays in the Challenge Cup in good faith. 

Scottish Football as a whole is to blame of course, the B Teams should never have been allowed near this cup in the first place. But the stench of entitlement is as strong as it is depressingly predictable. 

If you want my opinion on the introduction of Colt or B Teams, go back to the relevant thread to see my comments. You'll notice I was against them.

I simply don't get the aggro here for Rangers using their B Team as an avenue to give players that are short on minutes some game time given there is no reserve team.

I also think if you are suggesting that Rangers only included Hagi and Danilo last night because it was the Challenge Cup, then I'd say that's rather fanciful, especially given Hagi has already featured heavily for the B Team already and Danilo hasn't played in weeks.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

If you want my opinion on the introduction of Colt or B Teams, go back to the relevant thread to see my comments. You'll notice I was against them.

I simply don't get the aggro here for Rangers using their B Team as an avenue to give players that are short on minutes some game time given there is no reserve team.

I also think if you are suggesting that Rangers only included Hagi and Danilo last night because it was the Challenge Cup, then I'd say that's rather fanciful, especially given Hagi has already featured heavily for the B Team already.

I'm saying it's not done in good faith. When your B team are playing meaningless bounce games because they spat their dummy out on the Lowland League, they can do whatever the f**k they like. But clearly, theres an integrity issue with shoehorning in guys who earn more in a month than the entire Stenny Squad do in a year to f**k them out a cup. 

Or at least, there seems to be to everyone else except..... The Rangers fan in the room. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm saying it's not done in good faith. When your B team are playing meaningless bounce games because they spat their dummy out on the Lowland League, they can do whatever the f**k they like. But clearly, theres an integrity issue with shoehorning in guys who earn more in a month than the entire Stenny Squad do in a year to f**k them out a cup. 

Or at least, there seems to be to everyone else except..... The Rangers fan in the room. 

I think that’s where our difference may arise. You believe Hagi and Danilo have been “shoehorned” into the B Team for last night alone on account of it being a Challenge Cup match.

Thats not the case in regards to Hagi as he has played there almost all season and we’ve also used the B Team before for players returning from injury.

As I mentioned, my opinion has always been against the introduction of B/Colt teams into the league/cup system. But I feel that’s a different matter from Rangers using it to give minutes to players short on game time.

Edited by AJF

The tinpot thread is precisely the right area to be discussing the Challenge cup.

Whilst I agree with Bairnardo's point regarding Hagi and Danilo it was sadly cancelled out by his decision to call that cup competition anything other than a massive waste of time and resources.

Just now, AJF said:

I think that’s where our difference may arise. You believe Hagi and Danilo have been “shoehorned” into the B Team for last night alone on account of it being a Challenge Cup match.

Thats not the case in regards to Hagi as he has played there almost all season and we’ve also used the B Team before for players returning from injury.

As I mentioned, my opinion has always been against the introduction of B/Colt teams into the league/cup system. But I feel that’s a different matter than Rangers using it to give minutes to players short on game time.

Like I said before, as a basic function of the sport, the rest of us have to manage squads and players as a balance of minutes for coming back from injury, gaining experience and so on and so forth. At times, we have to accept a negative impact on performance as this is part and parcel of squad management. Its literally part of the game. Not for Rangers though. They need something else. They need a competitive advantage because far be it from them to have to risk even ten minutes giving a young laddie a chance in the first team, or accept a ring-rusty Hagi or Danilo coming on v Kilmarnock or Hibs in the league.....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Like I said before, as a basic function of the sport, the rest of us have to manage squads and players as a balance of minutes for coming back from injury, gaining experience and so on and so forth. At times, we have to accept a negative impact on performance as this is part and parcel of squad management. Its literally part of the game. Not for Rangers though. They need something else. They need a competitive advantage because far be it from them to have to risk even ten minutes giving a young laddie a chance in the first team, or accept a ring-rusty Hagi or Danilo coming on v Kilmarnock or Hibs in the league.....

I think your original points are part of a debate around the merits of there actually being Colt/B Teams in league or cup systems rather than Rangers using said team as they see fit.

Particularly when you are suggesting players are being shoehorned in specifically for last nights match only which hasn't been the case.

Just now, AJF said:

I think your original points are part of a debate around the merits of there actually being Colt/B Teams in league or cup systems rather than Rangers using said team as they see fit.

Particularly when you are suggesting players are being shoehorned in specifically for last nights match only which hasn't been the case.

They couldnt have left the first teamers out of the actual competitive cup match knowing that it clearly goes against the claimed merits of their inclusion in the cup? Knowing that there would be more meaningless bounce games for them to use for fitness etc? 

The arguments made were exclusively around Scottish Youth player development. You are now seeking a competitive setting where you can flat-track bully diddies out of a cup so as to make sure you dont have to weaken the first team in the same way everyone else does when blooding youngsters or returning players from absence.  Its f**king shite mate and I cannot/will not believe you don''t see it. Which poses a separate question and one im not going to speculate on, which is why you pretend you don't.  

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They couldnt have left the first teamers out of the actual competitive cup match knowing that it clearly goes against the claimed merits of their inclusion in the cup? Knowing that there would be more meaningless bounce games for them to use for fitness etc? 

The arguments made were exclusively around Scottish Youth player development. You are now seeking a competitive setting where you can flat-track bully diddies out of a cup so as to make sure you dont have to weaken the first team in the same way everyone else does when blooding youngsters or returning players from absence.  Its f**king shite mate and I cannot/will not believe you don''t see it. Which poses a separate question and one im not going to speculate on, which is why you pretend you don't.  

I'm not saying I don't see it, I just disagree with you when you're suggesting that Hagi and Danilo were specifically included last night just because it was the Challenge Cup.

And I think it's obvious Rangers are using these fixtures in order to try and have them both more fully prepared for first team level. But they are doing so because they are allowed to. As I said, it all comes back to whether you believe B Teams should be involved in the competitions or not. I don't think they should, but Rangers as a club clearly do.