How often?

PB 4.2

Timescale  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have a set of 4 plastic ones and then a wooden one that I have had since I moved into my current abode and I have no interest in changing them now. I hope people don’t judge me as dirty because of this.

The case for the prosecution is already pretty damning so don’t worry about it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had big wooden board and 3-pack of pishy thin colourful plastic things for 5 years now.

Wooden for bread / sandwiches etc, red one for meat, green one for veg and the all important blue one that has never been used for anything other than a calming colour to prevent a Ballistic Bob moment on a near daily basis:

On 1/19/2018 at 10:02, 19QOS19 said:

I think plastic ones are shite. They just slide. I have a big wooden block that doesn't budge when I'm using it.

Just wet a kitchen towel & stick it flat under the board.

OT:

Red for raw meat.

Yellow for cooked meat.

Brown for veg.

Green for salad /fruit.

Blue for fish.

White for dairy/bakery.

I realised last night I’ve had my ‘good, wooden’ chopping board about 2 years. It’s still in fine condition. Few plastics ones have come and gone since then. Might get a new ‘good, wooden’ board soon as a wee treat.

On 18/01/2018 at 22:54, heedthebaa said:

Does everyone use a chopping board to cut their sandwiches, or just use the worktop ? I just can’t be arsed to get a board out 

The thought of putting any food straight on to a worktop surface is wrong.

Wooden chopping boards are much more hygienic than plastic providing you regularly clean them properly .

Wood has natural anti bacterial properties , plastic doesn’t .

With regards to the glass or marble ones , easy to clean but they totally f**k up the sharpness of your knives 

So if you buy a good quality heavy wooden chopping board, if looked after properly it should last many years 

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I have a 3 stage knife sharpener, so no they are not.

If you didn’t have a marble chopping board you wouldn’t need to sharpen them so often 

Eta . You only need to sharpen a knife in 3 stages if it’s totally blunt , which kinda reinforces my point ;)

Archived