Formartine United v "Cove" Rangers

resk

This seems to be the only fourth round tie which hasn't triggered its own thread. So here it is. It's probably just going to be me.

Anyway, the game between Pitmedden's finest and the homeless jakeballs was supposed to be played tonight (no idea why), but is postponed due to a frozen pitch.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To try and get a bigger crowd through.  Aberdeen also being at home on the Saturday would have had an impact on the "neutral" attendance, given both sides have very very small supports.

Heading out to stand in a field near Pitmedden at the end of the working week on a freezing January night doesn't sound particularly appealing to anyone tbf, particularly when it's two teams in the same league and not some 'glamour tie'.

I was going to go tbh. That's one more. I'd imagine some Formartine and Cove fans double up as Aberdeen fans.

And whilst different circumstances, there was 1200 for a league decider between the sides not so long ago. 

I was going to go tbh. That's one more. I'd imagine some Formartine and Cove fans double up as Aberdeen fans.
And whilst different circumstances, there was 1200 for a league decider between the sides not so long ago. 

On the flip side of that though, quite a number of people have evening commitments. As one example, if I was a Cove / FU fan then I could have gone today but not last night due to volunteer commitments, so that would have been one less. All a balancing act and difficult to judge I suppose, but perhaps the Dons first / Formartine second thing that you suggest was indeed the tipping factor.

Evening all.

Can anyone kindly tell me how far the respective grounds are from the train stations (not sure if there even is one in Pitmedden?) and local hotels/town centres?

Thinking of taking the wife up for a dirty weekend.*

* OK, a weekend!

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Evening all.

Can anyone kindly tell me how far the respective grounds are from the train stations (not sure if there even is one in Pitmedden?) and local hotels/town centres?

Thinking of taking the wife up for a dirty weekend.*

* OK, a weekend!

No train station in Pitmedden.  If you're going by public transport it'll be the 290/291 from Aberdeen bus station.  It'll take around 50 minutes.

The ground is also a 10 minute walk from Pitmedden itself.

mh7sVjo.jpg

I'd say you should be hoping for Cove as that'll be played in Inverurie which is easier to get to and more options for drinking etc.

12 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

No train station in Pitmedden.  If you're going by public transport it'll be the 290/291 from Aberdeen bus station.  It'll take around 50 minutes.

The ground is also a 10 minute walk from Pitmedden itself.

mh7sVjo.jpg

I'd say you should be hoping for Cove as that'll be played in Inverurie which is easier to get to and more options for drinking etc.

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

Archived