The MIGHTY City v Clyde's Feeder Team

This fixture has more of a history than some might imagine as we used to play the Galawankies regularly in the East of Scotland League: first time I went down Gala Bank had a wee shed, a narrow terrace on the road side and a muddy pitch with electric wires going across the corner at one end (which Big Fozzy managed to hit with a shy). It now has a nice stand and covered terrace, plastic pitch, lights and buried electric cables.

The only thing that's changed is we still can't beat the buggers- they tended to be a bit of a bogey team for City and one of the last East of Scotland games between as before Annan got League status saw them steal the South Challenge Cup after an appalling refereeing display by Willie Collum...

We crashed back to earth against Mo but hopefully the enforced break will have done us some good and I think 3 points are there to be grabbed in this one.

29 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Saw some great games from the old black shed,a lot of laughs too from the crowd, the boys always gave their all.Always good to be beat  the city  slickers.

I doubt it will be a similar game on Saturday but the first time I went to Annan the score was a slightly ridiculous 7-4. to the home side...! The team then proceeded to tan the local off-licence using a credit card a player had found in the street in Edinburgh. Pwopah Nawty. 

Of course as an upstanding and professional Scottish League member such criminal activity cannot in any way be condoned and will not be repeated. 

A City defender did score a ridiculous o.g. in that game but I hope that won't be happening either..! :lol:

I doubt it will be a similar game on Saturday but the first time I went to Annan the score was a slightly ridiculous 7-4. to the home side...! The team then proceeded to tan the local off-licence using a credit card a player had found in the street in Edinburgh. Pwopah Nawty. 
Of course as an upstanding and professional Scottish League member such criminal activity cannot in any way be condoned and will not be repeated. 
A City defender did score a ridiculous o.g. in that game but I hope that won't be happening either..! :lol:

Tremendous result for City today! A   welcome 3 points.

We played very well 1st half and deserved to be 2-0 up at the break. 

Second half,  city give away two needless, careless  goals, which gave Annan encouragement they didm't look like finding for themselves.

Still,  very pleased to get another win and we're starting to play well and look more confident, so onwards and upwards!

Archived