Hearts of Midlothians v St Johnstone, Saturday 3rd February 2018

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

St Johnstone man kicked our smith before he kicked him back. Both should have got a yellow.

No, both shoud've been off

Obviously disappointed to lose the match, especially when we deserved something but happy with the performance and enjoyed the game, full of commitment and intensity.

New shape worked well. It won't necessarily be the answer for every match but if we can master a system that incorporates a back three then it's a useful tool to have.

Heart sank at the cup draw but actually looking forward to going back next week and trying to put today's result right.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wotherspoon sent off for two bookings, first booking is for complaining about the corner we never got handed, go figure. 

His first booking was for persistent fouling.  Can see why that wouldn't appear a yellow card offence to a team with Murray Davidson in it tbf.

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

His first booking was for persistent fouling.  Can see why that wouldn't appear a yellow card offence to a team with Murray Davidson in it tbf.

Stream showed him raging at the ref after the corner that never was then it flagging up him being booked. Kerr was booked not long after.

His second was just stupid.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stream showed him raging at the ref after the corner that never was then it flagging up him being booked. Kerr was booked not long after.

His second was just stupid.

It was definitely persistent fouling.  According to Dallas anyway, although his supposed previous offences escaped me I must say.  He did get a warning in the first half but we didn't actually get a free kick for the incident.

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

It was definitely persistent fouling.  According to Dallas anyway, although his supposed previous offences escaped me I must say.  He did get a warning in the first half but we didn't actually get a free kick for the incident.

Who knows with Dallas. In the interest of fairness I have to highlight Souttar shepherding the ball out, Murray Davidson grabbing him by the shoulders, throwing him out the way, running past him and launching himself down, and getting a free kick for it. 

Dallas shouldn't referee professional football, hes absolutely hopeless and its like that every week.

Aye Dallas booked Wotherspoon for persistent fouling and pointed to 4 different spots, but I can’t remember a single foul he gave away. Even the one he was booked for he got the ball.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who knows with Dallas. In the interest of fairness I have to highlight Souttar shepherding the ball out, Murray Davidson grabbing him by the shoulders, throwing him out the way, running past him and launching himself down, and getting a free kick for it. 

Dallas shouldn't referee professional football, hes absolutely hopeless and its like that every week.

Souttar got booked for that as well.  I can only hope Andrew is sterile because the thought of watching Hugh's great grandchildren ruining games for me in my 80s can gtf. 

Shite game, shite referee, decent result.
Confident we'll play better next week and make it more comfortable.

Although the long range weather forecast is for rain next Saturday

For much of the match we seemed intent on play patient build ups attempting to string 20 passes together in conditions where even Andrea Pirlo would stick one or two passes amiss.

Great result and a clean sheet.

Horrible game in freezing cold conditions on a poor pitch.

McLaughlin kept us in it with some good saves, and we got a break when Saints hit the bar with a cracking strike in the first half.

Liked Saints's left-back, although he could have defended better at the goal, and I was pleased to see Willock replaced by Craig.

Our decision making is rank at times, and we ended up hanging on against ten men. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the match - the best I’ve seen us play this season - despite the result and the fact we probably deserved something from the game  

Willock and Kerr both look good on today’s evidence and Davidson was outstanding in the middle of the park. 

Hearts were more clinical than us and took advantage of some poor defending for their goal. As you’d expect from a Levein team, they showed a competitive nature which contributed to a very entertaining game. 

We have to keep that level of intensity and performance generally for the rest of the season. If we do, we’ll end up safe. I liked the shape we employed until the sending off and Willock looks like a much better player than Paton, although that’s just on the basis of a single game. 

I’m tempted to go to Motherwell during the week now, which I wasnt have been prior to this game! 

3 hours ago, GorgieRoad said:

Shite game, shite referee, decent result.

Confident we'll play better next week and make it more comfortable.

This. I don't think I want to see another Hearts SJ game for a good while. Utter guff.

SJ probably the better team for large parts of the game. Some of our passing and first touches were awful. Too negative and feart, I thought. MacDonald looked good when he came on though and seemed to make life a bit more challenging for the SJ defence.

Looking like 5th place is ours to keep for this season.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the match - the best I’ve seen us play this season - despite the result and the fact we probably deserved something from the game  

Willock and Kerr both look good on today’s evidence and Davidson was outstanding in the middle of the park. 

Hearts were more clinical than us and took advantage of some poor defending for their goal. As you’d expect from a Levein team, they showed a competitive nature which contributed to a very entertaining game. 

We have to keep that level of intensity and performance generally for the rest of the season. If we do, we’ll end up safe. I liked the shape we employed until the sending off and Willock looks like a much better player than Paton, although that’s just on the basis of a single game. 

I’m tempted to go to Motherwell during the week now, which I wasnt have been prior to this game! 

Go then Kyle, go.

Please report home.

14 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

I hope the Tynecastle pitch came with a 12 month warranty. It was placed last February and has been frightfully pish since November.

Its the soil underneath or something that hasn't been renewed for 25 years. Also maybe something to do with the undersoil heating needing replaced. I'm sure I heard the club were going to fix it in the summer for £1m or so. 

Archived