The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

On 12/28/2017 at 10:58, fatshaft said:

[1]The chair of WECC at their latest meeting has lived there FIVE years. He didn;t even know the name of the guy sitting next to him taking the minutes!

[2]Correct

[3]No, as above

[4]You said "the developer" would make a fortune out of Kingsford once planning application was approved. You've never said how this will be the case, you just obfuscate around it.  Now you've moved the goalposts to Pittodrie it seems......which is being sold to part-pay for kingsford.....I have a feeling you're about to say "w1gGY W4ntS p1TTodri3 4 fLats" 

[1] So he has lived in Westhill longer than DM has been the Aberdeen manager and may still live there long after he is gone.  Does that make his opinion more valid?

I also don't know why the length of stay in a particular location is a topic for discussion.  Have you lived in your area for more than 5 years and if so why are you not the chair of your local community council.  You appear to be confusing the term "local", I have not seen any definition of this term where it relates to duration of inhabiting a particular location as against currently living in it.  We should perhaps send home all these "incomers" and return Aberdeen and surrounding area back to the fishing and farming economy that it used to be.  

[2] If they are not anywhere near the stadium then why the need to raise a CPZ?

[4] I refer you back to the initial plan to sell the ground when Wiggy and Gilbert had a financial incentive to move the club.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

[1] So he has lived in Westhill longer than DM has been the Aberdeen manager and may still live there long after he is gone.  Does that make his opinion more valid?

I also don't know why the length of stay in a particular location is a topic for discussion.  Have you lived in your area for more than 5 years and if so why are you not the chair of your local community council.  You appear to be confusing the term "local", I have not seen any definition of this term where it relates to duration of inhabiting a particular location as against currently living in it.  We should perhaps send home all these "incomers" and return Aberdeen and surrounding area back to the fishing and farming economy that it used to be.  

[2] If they are not anywhere near the stadium then why the need to raise a CPZ?

[4] I refer you back to the initial plan to sell the ground when Wiggy and Gilbert had a financial incentive to move the club.

[2] Answer above. It's an any and every argument hoping that some sticks.

[4] Which is no longer relevant - still waiting on the Cowdenbeather to confirm his logic :thumsup2

If the local people don't want the stadium then it shouldn't be built, they need no reason. It's their place.
Has Milne offered to buy their houses from them and give them somewhere else to live? 
Local buildings for local people.

On 27/12/2017 at 12:25, PauloPerth said:

Yes, whereas moving to a new location is proving to be so straightforward isn't it?!

I'd say it's more likely to happen than building a megastand over Pittodrie Street with a turnstile in someone's garden.

36 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

[2] Answer above. It's an any and every argument hoping that some sticks.

[4] Which is no longer relevant - still waiting on the Cowdenbeather to confirm his logic :thumsup2

I certainly find it strange that when arguing that the Stadium was not in the middle of nowhere you used the distance to Westhill to make your point.  Now Westhill isn't even local to the stadium. 

On 12/11/2017 at 20:50, fatshaft said:

It's on a dual carraigeway 3 miles from Hazlehead, its going to be 500yds from the AWPR, it's the same from Westhill. 

Maybe it's cos I'm a country loon, but that sure as hell isn't the middle of nowhere to me. 

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

I certainly find it strange that when arguing that the Stadium was not in the middle of nowhere you used the distance to Westhill to make your point.  Now Westhill isn't even local to the stadium. 

I find it strange that you don't understand where this stadium is going and yet continue to assert your opinion vociferously here 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, sjc said:

Just build the new stadium down on the Links by Codonas and use Westfield for your training ground FFS!

Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are full of utter c*nts, and the councils are even bigger c*nts. 

There's no way in a million years that AFC would ever get permission to re-build on the links. The objections would stretch into 2050, and the city council would never, ever in a million years give planning permission. 

Welcome to Aberdeen.

On 27/12/2017 at 11:08, fatshaft said:

Well, nothing would ever get built under that criteria.

However "local" is rather loosely defined here, as 40 years ago Westhill was a village of 20 hooses, now there's nary a local to be found. 

Why would he offer to buy their houses? The land is a landfill site, their houses are nowhere near the stadium. 

You could try something other than intimidating and bullying the locals. 

You have 10,000 fans that think it is okay to have a football park in the neighbourhood so you only need a few hundred of them to buy up the properties from the locals and then everybody will be happy.  It can't be hard to organise, Aberdeen fans can offer to buy the properties for 20% over the value and everyone is a winner.

9 hours ago, fatshaft said:

I find it strange that you don't understand where this stadium is going and yet continue to assert your opinion vociferously here 

And yet I have already posted the satellite image of the site.  Only one of us has been duplicitous about the stadium location.

You have 10,000 fans that think it is okay to have a football park in the neighbourhood so you only need a few hundred of them to buy up the properties from the locals and then everybody will be happy.  It can't be hard to organise, Aberdeen fans can offer to buy the properties for 20% over the value and everyone is a winner.

Not sure if serious

3 hours ago, akredz said:

Bored with this  now,  almost on the verge of hoping the council deny planning permission, just to see what the non-existent Plan B actually is.

Whatever Plan B is (although there isn't one, obviously) it will definitely be the absolute only possibility, THE last chance opportunity or Aberdeen will be playing in front of 1,500 fans and having to play both legs of any European ties away from home and with a team of Walking Football pensioners

On 29/12/2017 at 13:40, sjc said:

Just build the new stadium down on the Links by Codonas and use Westfield for your training ground FFS!

There's only 4 hectares of land available at Kings Links. Club say they need 12.5ha. Pittodrie is about 7/8ha.

To build at Kings Links they need the land the driving range and golf course is on, and Craig Group - who own the lease until 2040 - are not willing to give it up.

17 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Any examples of this?

Thought not.

8 hours ago, akredz said:

Bored with this  now,  almost on the verge of hoping the council deny planning permission, just to see what the non-existent Plan B actually is.

"I'm bored of this now, so hope it gets rejected so the whole process can rumble on for longer." 

33 minutes ago, akredz said:

I think you missed the key phrase "almost on the verge"

"I'm bored of this now, so I'm almost on the verge of hoping it gets rejected so the whole process can rumble on for longer."

That better? 

Edited by Dunty

Size 

On 31/12/2017 at 09:27, Neiljb said:

It is a long thread and l havent been at all attentive.

Why cant Aberdeen FC redevelop Pittodrie?

Eg A stand at a time like most clubs do.

st3w4RT m1lNe W4nT5 p1TT0DR1e 4 fl4TS