Scotland name squad

8 hours ago, forameus said:

After the initial oohing and ahhing over having another Premier League player in the squad, Phillips looked absolutely rotten in the last few games he played for us.  Obviously not enough to competely discount him, but he's by no means a nailed on starter just because of where he plays.

True, but I'd argue Chris Martin played himself into being a fairly well accepted member of the squad after months of being a joke figure.  It only takes a game and a goal to change that status.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Mcrorie has done absolutely nothing to suggest he should be in the next squad. Sure he is young and has played a couple of times for Rangers but thay is not a qualifier imo.

Squad will be full of championship jobbers no doubt.

It’s a natural progression from u21s. If you can name a centre half who’s quicker with better timing in the tackle, let’s hear it.

44 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

John Soutar.

Souttar should be in the squad and could play middle of a back three , but McRorie much more aggressive and sharper in the tackle. Nailed on future Scotland captain.

Souttar should be in the squad and could play middle of a back three , but McRorie much more aggressive and sharper in the tackle. Nailed on future Scotland captain.

Listen chief if McRorie was playing fpr any team out with Celtic and Rangers in Scotland right now you would not have heard him. Your statement is as ridiculous as it is stupid.

Went to see Cardiff on Saturday and Callum Paterson was outstanding in midfield. I could really see him being quite effective there at international level.

He pretty much wins everything in the air, can tackle and drive forward. At fullback, I'm not totally convinced about he's that effective at the current minute at the highest level. He really likes to get forward and I was a wee bit apprehensive about him at fullback at Hearts, always thought he struggled a bit defensively against decent wingers from my memories of seeing him a few times.

I think a midfield three of Paterson, McGinn and Cairney could do quite well for us - I'd like to see something similar maybe tried as our main system heading into the campaign. The three of them compliment each other quite well and could be useful in a lot of games that require us to be quite solid defensively but also give a decent threat of some sort.

56 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Listen chief if McRorie was playing fpr any team out with Celtic and Rangers in Scotland right now you would not have heard him. Your statement is as ridiculous as it is stupid.

Can this be bookmarked for the day he slips on the armband?  Tierney is the other candidate - I’m glad we have both.

Guest DAVIDB69

Not really interested what age players are if they can make an impact in the campaign. As far as I’m aware Bardsley has always turned up when called upon.

The dads army philosophy has served us so well in recent campaigns

On 22/02/2018 at 10:46, woof! said:

McCrorie wasn't even playing CH for Rangers, he's been playing as a DM. 

I'd be loathe to suggest a player who was shite at Dumbarton, and has had two good months at Rangers, is worth anywhere near the praise you're heaping on him, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCrorie wasn't even playing CH for Rangers, he's been playing as a DM. 

I'd be loathe to suggest a player who was shite at Dumbarton, and has had two good months at Rangers, is worth anywhere near the praise you're heaping on him, tbh. 

We've established you don't know what you're talking about though

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

We've established you don't know what you're talking about though

You've never met me, I don't think you're qualified to judge my intellect.

4 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

The dads army philosophy has served us so well in recent campaigns

Calling up someone and skipping the U19/U21 route didn't really work either, did it?  So who should we call up?

It's almost like you cant just blanket rule out any particular group and just pick the players that will make the best possible squad.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I can judge your football knowledge though and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Unless you've managed at a world class level you're not worthy of judging me. 

Archived