Scotland name squad

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Who did we do that with? Burke and Tierney both played for the U19s.

Pfft...if you want to be "accurate"...

I wasn't aware Burke had played for the U19s, given it was said at the time that he'd been called straight up.  Was it just the U21s he missed?

The point still stands though - this whole "get rid of everyone over x" is rubbish.  Certain people we will punt, because they offer less than someone else in the squad.   Others we'll keep, because they still offer something.  The folded arms "well they've failed before" argument is luckily a bit more simplistic than the level even our shitest managers think at.

Pfft...if you want to be "accurate"...
I wasn't aware Burke had played for the U19s, given it was said at the time that he'd been called straight up.  Was it just the U21s he missed?
The point still stands though - this whole "get rid of everyone over x" is rubbish.  Certain people we will punt, because they offer less than someone else in the squad.   Others we'll keep, because they still offer something.  The folded arms "well they've failed before" argument is luckily a bit more simplistic than the level even our shitest managers think at.

Yeah no point in making some sweeping, generalised and artificial boundary for ourselves. If we've got a 36 year old turning in matchwinning performances, get him in the squad. If we've got a 17 year old on fire then give him a chance too. It always feels better to have more in the latter category but realistically the sweet spot is a balance between the two.

Mctomninay starting again and starring as man u beat Chelsea today. Building up my hopes that he'll be in McLeish's first squad... the romantic fool that I am.
He was brilliant today but I thought he was poor in midweek. McLeish should be having a chat; lad has a bright future based on today's game

I can imagine Southgate being quite timidly passionate (oxymoron I know) and McLeish being more old school bullish about it. Maybe McLeish's tone will resonate with McT's Dad's - assuming his dad is the one who has seeded his reported leanings towards Scotland

14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I can imagine Southgate being quite timidly passionate (oxymoron I know) and McLeish being more old school bullish about it. Maybe McLeish's tone will resonate with McT's Dad's - assuming his dad is the one who has seeded his reported leanings towards Scotland

Seeded his mum anyway

Archived