The Binos v Elgin City

On Saturday we face Elgin City at Forthbank who are on the same points as us but we have a better goal difference than them.

Need to get the win to maintain the momentum going forward this month after our victory over Cowdenbeath on Wednesday. 

Its an important month for us with 3 home games coming up and an away trip to Central Park. Looking to get all 9 points from these home games would be great and keep us in the mix for a place in the playoffs. 

Team wise expect new signing Darren Barr to start for us and I wish him well at Forthbank.

Prediction The Binos 2 Elgin 0      Hopefully another 3 points for us and maybe move up a position depending on the Stenny result.

10 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Hoping our poor away form improves and we can get something from this game. We don't look that prolific going forward so nicking a 0-1 / 1-2 would be as much as am hoping for. Would take a point before kick-off TBH. Any recommendations for a decent pint pre/post match?

Try Morrisons town centre or maybe the Cricket Club near the stadium if open. 

Any recommendations for a decent pint pre/post match?

Are you looking for anything specifically Briggsy?

The only places around Forthbank itself are the Supporters Club bar in the main stand, where Away Fans are more than welcome, however Dave Mackay is having a Q&A session before kick off today so it might not be ideal if you want to chat. The Springkerse View, which is a Hungry Horse pub/restaurant which is where I would go personally or the Cricket Club, which is your typical Social Club.

1 hour ago, Am Muilleach said:

Cold grotty morning here in Elgin. Heading down before long. Hope the pitch is ok. Been pretty wet... Hopefully an away win. Not sure where the goal would come from but will take a scrappy deflection.

Been a dull overcast day in Stirling, pitch should be okay forecast sunshine and showers this afternoon but cold so wrap up warm.

4 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Would be happy with a point esp as we've got home games coming up with other play-off challengers coming up.

Doesn't look too likely at the moment...

If we’d of taken all our chances then this could of been 4 or 5.

Elgin move the ball around well going forward but do far to much with it. Their 2 Centre Backs reminds me of our Defence last season, just not reacting to any of the movement in front of them.

If the game doesn’t die of death and it continues like this then we’ll get another couple.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Elgin move the ball around well going forward but do far to much with it. Their 2 Centre Backs reminds me of our Defence last season, just not reacting to any of the movement in front of them.

Pretty much sums us up today and for a lot of games this season. 

Comfortable home win. Didn't think there was too much between the teams for a lot of the game but Stirling looked threatening when they got the ball forward whereas we look a bit toothless. Not an awful performance from Elgin just lacking going forward. Stirling looked decent and would think they will comfortably make the playoffs.

Absolutely no goal threat. I think we were playing 4-5-1 but can't be sure. Our striker can neither hold a ball, control a ball or head a ball. Don't get me wrong, he always gives 100% He just isn't at this level. Disappointing.

At least there's beef broth left on the return journey!

Good performance today in comparison to Wednesday night, could have went in 3 or 4 goals in front at halftime but we killed the game by getting the 3rd goal.

Shame we did not keep a clean sheet but never the less its another home win and 3 points that keep us in 4th spot. Hope to continue the winning run by getting all 3 points at Central Park next week. 

Delighted with the win and the performance today, that was more like it.

The new signings have come in an look to have made a big difference. Yip, it’s still early days but Barr strolled it at the back and doesn’t look done, which will put some people’s mind at ease. It was also interesting to see him wave away the Captain arm band when Willie Robertson was subbed. Kevin Moon and Danny Jardine have the ability to make things happen. Get on the ball and thread the passes, which is something that Caddis & Dickson haven’t managed to do regularly for us. As I said, it’s early days but the early signs are that those 3 will be key to our hopes of a revival. Could Andy Little be the missing piece of the jigsaw?

I don’t actually think there was much between the two sides. Where the difference was was our use of the ball going forward over theirs. Elgin continually over played, where as we attacked with pace and created the openings, and probably could of had another couple on another day.

My only complaint was the distribution from Defence at times. All to often we have the ball away playing out out from the back, better teams would of punished us for that, but thank fully, Elgin didn’t seem to have a striker.

Darren Smith did what Darren Smith does and it was great to see him bagging his brace with both goals being well taken. Surely he’ll have a few options on the table this summer, I really hope we can get him signed up for next season because he just fits into Mackay’s style of play perfectly.

All in all, a good day at the office and another step forward in our improvement. Left Forthbank today optimistic that we’ll manage to bag one of the Play Off slots come the end of the season ????????.

Darren Barr had the cigars out today. Saved us in the first half with that vital last ditch tackle when the Elgin boy was 1 on 1. He's almost scored as well :lol:

Danny Jardine was brilliant, a tricky wee player that can make things happen. Him, Moon & Robertson seem like they all work together.

Peaso missed a few chances, but he was superb as well. His hold up play and ability to create chances for those round him is easily the best in the League.

Their goal was a weird one. I originally thought the ball was going out, till it actually hit the net.

All in all, a very pleasing day for the Albion.

Archived