Is football divisive?

Is football divisive?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

being slightly more respectful towards the OP (:P) - it's definitely both

i'm sure we can all agree amidst much backslapping, cheery bonhomie and general equanimity that leeds fans are vermin, but while i'm sure i share that opinion with many rotherham fans, as soon as it becomes apparent that the person in question is one of barry and paul's child-molesting chums, I'd consider it entirely reasonable to set light to them and burn them to the ground there and then - so it's wholly possible to share common ground with folk, from a footballing perspective, and to also wish them eternal pain and suffering for similarly vacuous reasons; so it's both...

52 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Definitely together :) 

Definitely Rab. While there was some Whitehill-City rivalry in the early days in the latter Lowland League days we both disliked a certain North Edinburgh club. 

Now that we are Scottish League of course we think that a certain North Edinburgh club are wonderful generous landlords and entirely worthy of a SPFL place. :cheers

It depends if you're a fucking idiot who thinks whatever football team you support carries more importance in life than it actually does, and that it gives you carte blanche to behave like a dick towards people who support different teams.

For everyone else, football is an interest we all have in common.

• 1 month later...

bizarre goings on in the eredivisie tonight - runaway leaders PSV thrashed 5-0 by Willem II Tilburg who have been languishing near the foot of the table all season; one sending off for the rood-witten, and that not until the 90'th minute - and no penalties -  so they weren't undone by bizarre refereeing, just a good old fashioned hiding on the face of it...

47 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

bizarre goings on in the eredivisie tonight - runaway leaders PSV thrashed 5-0 by Willem II Tilburg who have been languishing near the foot of the table all season; one sending off for the rood-witten, and that not until the 90'th minute - and no penalties -  so they weren't undone by bizarre refereeing, just a good old fashioned hiding on the face of it...

I think you've put this in the wrong topic. Also Willem II got two penalties.

38 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I think you've put this in the wrong topic. Also Willem II got two penalties.

my bad - looking for the wrong annotation on soccerway  :rolleyes:

edit: still can't find any Dutch thread - PSV's heaviest defeat in the top flight for over fifty years !

You only have to look across threads on football forums (not just here) to see how divisive it can be. Fans arguing with each other over your teams best 11 etc because it is all down to opinion.
But football can bring people together when you celebrate a last minute winner, cup win. People can meet and friendships can be forged with a starting point of a love of football.

Archived