The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what the Championship needs Ross County coming down with their support that is worse than most of the Clubs already there. There is always the delights of the Mallard boozer mind you.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just what the Championship needs Ross County coming down with their support that is worse than most of the Clubs already there. There is always the delights of the Mallard boozer mind you.

Ross County are poor but they’d still skelp Falkirk 7-0.

If Ross County go down they’ll honestly pump that league.

Roy MacGregor will definitely get the chequebook out.

Dundee United, Dunfermline and Falkirk will not stand a chance.

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Yep, he’s not going to stand for Championship football. So he’s either going to throw even more money at it, or walk away.  Which I’m hearing rumours of. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just what the Championship needs Ross County coming down with their support that is worse than most of the Clubs already there. 

There's always ample parking on the streets of Dingwall.

No they won’t

Yep, he’s not going to stand for Championship football. So he’s either going to throw even more money at it, or walk away.  Which I’m hearing rumours of. 

He got bored with his play thing before

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Second line..

Its always about us with you lot, eh?  :)

I'm sure you're aware that the first line is "You can sing of the glories of teams you have seen", given your only glory was 4 years ago it's plainly obvious that the Saints referred to in the song are of the Paisley variety. Certainly any Dee I ever spoke to have always thought it referred to the Buddies. Good try though

I'm sure you're aware that the first line is "You can sing of the glories of teams you have seen", given your only glory was 4 years ago it's plainly obvious that the Saints referred to in the song are of the Paisley variety. Certainly any Dee I ever spoke to have always thought it referred to the Buddies. Good try though

If it was ‘the Sainties’ he might have a point but everybody knows ‘The Saints’ are from Paisley ffs.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

As boredom guy says Tam, just stating the facts emoji4.pngemoji6.png

Davidson has signed a new deal by the way so last night's wee hard on you were getting could've been put to better use. Things are looking up for the Saints my good man, back to our rightful place in the top 6 next season.

Playing sexy attacking football too by the looks of it.

Davidson has signed a new deal by the way so last night's wee hard on you were getting could've been put to better use. Things are looking up for the Saints my good man, back to our rightful place in the top 6 next season.
Playing sexy attacking football too by the looks of it.

Davidson’s finished.

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

If it was ‘the Sainties’ he might have a point but everybody knows ‘The Saints’ are from Paisley ffs.

Aye nice try lads, but you're fooling no one 

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Second line..

Its always about us with you lot, eh?  :)

Sang by Hector Nicol and recorded in 1962 - The year we won the top league at your ground, relegating you in the process. I wonder why you were mentioned... 

I hope this clears things up for you.

So, tonight:

Dundee:

• Will be safe if they avoid defeat to Ross County, or Partick Thistle fail to beat Motherwell

Hamilton:

• Will be safe from automatic relegation if they match or better Ross County's result
  • Will be safe period if the above happens, and they also better Partick Thistle's result (almost certainly safe if they match PT's result)

Partick Thistle:

• Will be safe from automatic relegation if they beat Motherwell and Ross County fail to beat Dundee (almost certainly safe if they draw and RC lose)
  • Will be confirmed in the bottom 2 if Hamilton better their result (which precludes PT winning, so Dundee's result is irrelevant)

Ross County:

• Will be relegated if Partick Thistle win, and they do not (almost certainly relegated if they lose and PT draw)
  • Will be confirmed in the bottom 2 if Hamilton match or better their result

I've almost certainly screwed one of those up, so feel free to point it out in the most humiliating fashion possible.

I don't believe it's possible for both issues to be mathematically decided tonight, because Partick Thistle will either still be catchable by Ross County, and/or no more than 3 points behind at least Hamilton, and possibly Dundee. 

Straight out from work so no spreadsheet update pre match but my 1000 sims had Dundee safe 100% of the time. 538 has it at <1%.

Only other things I remember are Hamilton finished bottom twice out of 1000 times and thistle came out safe 10% of the time. 

Archived