The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Shoutout to foxjag as he will be a massive miss to the premiership forum. 

The rest though:-

ADIOS CUNTOS GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YEES!

County fans are good c***s. 

10th placed team over the years:-

(1 Game to be played)
17/18 - Hamilton Academical (33)
16/17 - Dundee (37)
15/16 - Hamilton Academical (43)
14/15 - Kilmarnock (41)
13/14 - Partick Thistle (38)

Comical stuff from Partick Thistle and Ross County this season.

9 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

10th placed team over the years:-

(1 Game to be played)
17/18 - Hamilton Academical (33)
16/17 - Dundee (37)
15/16 - Hamilton Academical (43)
14/15 - Kilmarnock (41)
13/14 - Partick Thistle (38)

Comical stuff from Partick Thistle and Ross County this season.

Not as funny as your hair, you gimp.

What could have been a really exciting 4 way relegation tussle never quite materialised. Well done Dundee and Accies for securing your Premiership place. 

So many opportunities for County and Thistle to close the gap, yet 1 win between them over 4 games was never going to cut it. Hamilton's win over County looks to have been a really key result.

Tough games for both Thistle and County on Saturday, against teams who have found form since the split. I don't think either will win, and the table will finish as it is.

Still, surely either would be far too strong for Livi...??

46 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What could have been a really exciting 4 way relegation tussle never quite materialised. Well done Dundee and Accies for securing your Premiership place. 

So many opportunities for County and Thistle to close the gap, yet 1 win between them over 4 games was never going to cut it. Hamilton's win over County looks to have been a really key result.

Tough games for both Thistle and County on Saturday, against teams who have found form since the split. I don't think either will win, and the table will finish as it is.

Still, surely either would be far too strong for Livi...??

we drew 1-1 with them in the league cup and lost the bonus point on penalties. Having caught a little bit of their playoff against Utd I wouldn't be confident of outclassing them over two legs to stay up.

We destroyed St Mirren 5-0 in the group stages too tbf, but if we weren't totally out of sight and at least 2 goals up after the first leg I'd be making Livi favourites to go through outright.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

we drew 1-1 with them in the league cup and lost the bonus point on penalties. Having caught a little bit of their playoff against Utd I wouldn't be confident of outclassing them over two legs to stay up.

We destroyed St Mirren 5-0 in the group stages too tbf, but if we weren't totally out of sight and at least 2 goals up after the first leg I'd be making Livi favourites to go through outright.

Nah have confidence man. Whoever finishes 11th will stay up. Going to be a nervy day for you’s at Dens on Saturday tho. 

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Livi look like a team made for tense scrappy encounters like the play offs. In a similar mould to Accies, who you would fancy to beat most sides in a play-off.  Physical, work their socks off for each other, organised, love a battle, and also have a couple of players that can grab a goal.

Thistle (and County if it's them) have a far more talented squad, and whilst it's not always the most important thing in a play-off, I just couldn't see Livi (or Utd) having enough to win over two legs.

To be fair to Livingston, if they do go up it will be a phenomenal achievement having only come up to the championship a year ago.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Livi look like a team made for tense scrappy encounters like the play offs. In a similar mould to Accies, who you would fancy to beat most sides in a play-off.  Physical, work their socks off for each other, organised, love a battle, and also have a couple of players that can grab a goal.

Thistle (and County if it's them) have a far more talented squad, and whilst it's not always the most important thing in a play-off, I just couldn't see Livi (or Utd) having enough to win over two legs.

To be fair to Livingston, if they do go up it will be a phenomenal achievement having only come up to the championship a year ago.

you know I've just realised why I'm so full of trepidation at meeting Livi :lol:

That sounds exactly like the Falkirk team that knocked us out of the league cup at Firhill 1-0 not so very long ago, although iirc that was the same season Killie smashed them in the playoffs. We've got Connor Sammon but I'm not too sure he's got it in him to single handedly wreck a team in the way Magennis did to Falkirk in the 2nd leg.

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Nah have confidence man. Whoever finishes 11th will stay up. Going to be a nervy day for you’s at Dens on Saturday tho. 

It's kind of you to say that, but there's every chance Dundee will smash us 3-0 again and County will scrape through. Might save us a little bit of heartache in the long run tbh.

Never known a season like it where the three bottom teams in four post split games only managed two wins between them. Thistle beat Accies and Accies beat County. Caley put up a much better night from a worse position last season. Not only have County called to win a game they have only scored one goal in four games.

Mental that the worst ICT team ever finished bottom with 34 last season.

Just what I was thinking last night. Imagine getting relegated with less points than an Inverness team that had Richie Foran in charge [emoji55]

5 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Just what I was thinking last night. Imagine getting relegated with less points than an Inverness team that had Richie Foran in charge emoji55.png

Staying up with fewer points is even more hilarious. 

Archived