The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We won three of our last four games, mainly because other teams had chucked it and were sipping pina coladas pre-match.

Unfortunately for all the relegation haunted diddies this year, ourselves and Motherwell are battling tooth and nail for that coveted 7th place trophy. No one is on the beach with so much at stake.

Just now, Kyle said:

Unfortunately for all the relegation haunted diddies this year, ourselves and Motherwell are battling tooth and nail for that coveted 7th place trophy. No one is on the beach with so much at stake.

Winning the bottom six is part of the Scottish Football Grand Slam - Bottom Six Champions, Seaside League Winners, Challenge Cup winners and league cup runners up.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We've helped Dundee and Partick the best we could this season, nothing we can do but laugh if Partick still f**k it up.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Winning the bottom six is part of the Scottish Football Grand Slam - Bottom Six Champions, Seaside League Winners, Challenge Cup winners and league cup runners up.

Excellent stuff. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We've helped Dundee and Partick the best we could this season, nothing we can do but laugh if Partick still f**k it up.

We didn't need your help m9. 

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon now are you really saying we can keep the obligatory 9 points we give you every season you look in trouble?

Which is most seasons tbf.

Oh I see, you were projecting back across the season and not simply referring to post-split.

That's a rather odd view on football. 

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It would actually be hilarious if we stayed up. The team too shite to be relegated.

Well done to Dundee on officially staying up.  Same to Hamilton barring some goal scoring shenanigans at Dens...

Our season has been an absolute shitshow so I'm not sure if we even get a shot at the play-off to f**k that up somehow.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Taking things season by season? Very odd

5af2b1c5f0dcd_tenor(1).gif.3e90ac60b710b8514d6401bf27bc3683.gif

No, the idea that any time a team defeats you, you're somehow "helping" them.

Solid effort from the Dundee good c***s, done the business and we couldn't even manage a draw. Just fucking relegate us on Saturday, honestly I can't watch another three matches involving us. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

We've really stepped it up a gear this season since the Bottom Six Championship became a realistic target for the first time in our history. 

We've already got the challenge cup and league cup runners up trophies in the cabinet. I'm guessing ICT have completed this Grand Slam?  I can't think of many others; Ross County, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Livingston?

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We've already got the challenge cup and league cup runners up trophies in the cabinet. I'm guessing ICT have completed this Grand Slam?  I can't think of many others; Ross County, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Livingston?

Indeed we have which is proof that Scottish football needs a strong ICT in the top flight.

We’re utter toilet. Only 2-3 players in our entire squad have arguable pass marks.

But we could quite easily win on Saturday now Dundee are safe & have nothing to play for. County have st Johnstone who are fighting it out with Motherwell for that whopping extra 80 Gs of prize money attached with gaining 7th spot.

I agree with the above comment. The idea of having to watch us turmoil through play off games is depressing. Part of me just wants this season over with. Just relegate is and be done with it as we don’t deserve to stay up.

However wounds from last nights spineless 2nd half will fade away and I’ll be ready to cheer on the lads this weekend against the Dee.

3 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

We’re utter toilet. Only 2-3 players in our entire squad have arguable pass marks.

But we could quite easily win on Saturday now Dundee are safe & have nothing to play for. County have st Johnstone who are fighting it out with Motherwell for that whopping extra 80 Gs of prize money attached with gaining 7th spot.

I agree with the above comment. The idea of having to watch us turmoil through play off games is depressing. Part of me just wants this season over with. Just relegate is and be done with it as we don’t deserve to stay up.

However wounds from last nights spineless 2nd half will fade away and I’ll be ready to cheer on the lads this weekend against the Dee.

I would back Partick to beat Livingston or the Dabs, even if you've had a shocking season. 

Archived