Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - Scottish Cup quarter-final, 04/03/2018

Elixir

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rambunctious said:

I noticed Killie and Celtic announcing that their games will be on. With our pitch looking like it is, I’d like to think ours will be as well.

IMG_1519999739.328578.jpg

I think if the M8 is open for business, it will pretty much be on. There were to be engineering works that meant that the train wasn't a very viable option from Edinburgh anyway....

Good effort from Motherwell, pretty confident this will go ahead now barring any unexpected change in weather conditions. 

Imagine there will be a few Hearts fans with tickets stuck in the postal system though. 

That playing surface looks great.

Perfect for some good football from both sides with hopefully a win for the Hearts.

Hearts have gone done a statement http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6572

Following discussions with Motherwell FC, as things stand, Sunday’s William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie at Fir Park will go ahead.

Motherwell will continue to work closely with all agencies, local authorities and Police Scotland into tomorrow.

All concerned are confident that the fixture will go ahead as planned.

Any further updates with regards to the match will be released as and when required.

The Hearts Ticket Office will open tomorrow at 10am for ticket collections.

No post has been uplifted from Tynecastle since Wednesday due to the weather, so any fans who have selected postage when purchasing from Wednesday should proceed to the Ticket Office to collect their tickets.

The Ticket Office and Clubstore will remain open until 3pm tomorrow, please note that the match is sold out and no tickets will be available to purchase.

Not an ideal situation.

Could Hearts not take the uncollected tickets with them to FP and folk could collect them there?

25 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I knew this was going to happen. Ticket hasn't even been posted. I live closer to Motherwell than Tynecastle :lol:

Me telling you to crack on at the start of the week as there won't be any problems. F**k sake. warnock.png

The Beast from the East has done fans up like a kipper. Hope everyone can get to the game if it does indeed go ahead. bQshDtu.png

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Me telling you to crack on at the start of the week as there won't be any problems. F**k sake. warnock.png

The Beast from the East has done fans up like a kipper. Hope everyone can get to the game if it does indeed go ahead. bQshDtu.png

Ah well. I'll see if I can get a train tomorrow. Couple of pints in Diggers and back through. :lol:

Think this would all be fine if all Motherwell fans lived in Motherwell and all Hearts fans lived I eth centre of Edinburgh, but they don't.  Unless there is a big improvement in the weather, I can imagine a lot of empty seats.

1 hour ago, DuklaWandy said:

Think this would all be fine if all Motherwell fans lived in Motherwell and all Hearts fans lived I eth centre of Edinburgh, but they don't.  Unless there is a big improvement in the weather, I can imagine a lot of empty seats.

That is true given Tynecastle is a few miles from where I live. I suffer the same sh1t in that most clubs think you live within a 10 mile radius of the ground !

Tha game will be on. No more snow forecast until KO off on Sunday. Pitch is fine and by tomorrow all snow around the ground will be cleared. 

Hope all Jambos who bought postal tickets can make it along. I predict 8750. 4500 Jambos and 4250 Well fans. Would hope for more home support but given weather and on BBC. Be good to get some neutrals to bolster crowd given all games off this weekend. 

Got a bad feeling about this one. I think Hearts are stronger defensively and up front than we are and with a massive away support backing them I think they will dump us out the cup and we'll have to endure a full south stand celebrating at FT.

I think 2-1 Hearts with them controlling most of the match and going 2-0 up before we grab a late consolation to give the happy clappies the opportunity to say "at least we fought well, nearly got a replay and it was an entertaining game".

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Got a bad feeling about this one. I think Hearts are stronger defensively and up front than we are and with a massive away support backing them I think they will dump us out the cup and we'll have to endure a full south stand celebrating at FT.

I think 2-1 Hearts with them controlling most of the match and going 2-0 up before we grab a late consolation to give the happy clappies the opportunity to say "at least we fought well, nearly got a replay and it was an entertaining game".

I would take that. Think it will be a draw though.

9 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I would take that. Think it will be a draw though.

We've been poor at home since the end of September and have more often than not struggled to create chances. With your defensive strength I don't see us doing much better tomorrow.

Archived