• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller was class for me. A man who understands his strengths, limitations and his role in the team. If he's capable of that level of performance, I'm shocked Falkirk didn't give him more of a chance this season.

23 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I really wish there was a gif or image of Hopkins face after we scored the winner. Akin to the Dale Carrick one after he scored against the Hubs.

The United assistants reaction to scoring the equaliser was absolutely horrendous as well. Made it even sweeter.

I get you're excited, but no-one has to see a gif or picture of David Hopkin's face. 

Ever. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Who gives a Frenchman's f**k if there was 25 folk in attendance? Thoroughly enjoyable game with plenty talking points and a dramatic finish.

The Freemason doing us proud once again. #disease #muirhead #beltup

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Such a pity they give points  for how teams perform on the field really, isn't it?

It's a concept you're not the first Falkirk fan to struggle with.

Ex-squeeze me but while your statement may be true, please do not tar us all with the attendance-masturbatory brush.

I readily admit to revelling in our tremendous attendances for a frankly average team over the last few years, but sensible souls would never insult those who do attend their teams' matches.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ex-squeeze me but while your statement may be true, please do not tar us all with the attendance-masturbatory brush.

I readily admit to revelling in our tremendous attendances for a frankly average team over the last few years, but sensible souls would never insult those who do attend their teams' matches.

No such tarring intended or indeed implied.

That not all Falkirk fans share our friend's view, is evident in your and Marshmallo's responses on this very thread.  That he's not alone among Falkirk fans on P&B in prattling on about such things however, is I'm afraid, incontestible.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Syndrome-The-Incredibles-Buddy-Pine-h.jpg.635337f11361a7ab790082434bada5ee.jpg

Nah, Davie looks more like Buddy/Syndrome from The Incredibles.

Fair play. You'll just have to make do with the grumpy cunto in an Armani jumper :angel

It’s just an absolute delight watching this team, they fight for everything, not the most skilful of sides we've ever had but you’ll go some to find a harder working group of players in the country, as a fan you can’t ask for anything more than that. 

Credit for that has to go to Hoppy and the rest of the coaching team, to get these players running their socks off every week is a testament to the work they are doing and how much the players believe in them. 

I am absolutely loving this season and don’t really want it to end, the team are on fire and it’s just brilliant to watch. 

We started on the front foot from the off tonight and could’ve had the game won by half time, it was men against boys at times. 

2nd half was far more even and I could see the equaliser coming, Dundee Utd started to get on top but what a show of character from our side, to come back and grab a deserved winner right at the end was just brilliant, what a finish from Hardie. 

Don’t think Miller lost a header all night, him and Hardie look like they’ve been playing together for years,  built an incredible partnership in the last 5 or 6 games. 

Rumour has it Scott Pittman and Shaun Byrne are running home now, those boys don’t have give everything, Robinson is class eh ? Makes things look so simple, what a finish his goal is. 

Thought Cadden and De Vita showed a lot of discipline in the wide positions, ran the ball when they could, but defended really well. 

And as usual, Halkett, Lithgow and Gallagher are just rock solid, hardly gave anything away and threw themselves in front of anything that was thrown at them. 

Absolutely delighted, 10 points from 12 against Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dundee Utd is some return, next two Morton and Dunfermline both away will go a long way to deciding if we really could mount a challenge on St Mirren.   

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Miller was class for me. A man who understands his strengths, limitations and his role in the team. If he's capable of that level of performance, I'm shocked Falkirk didn't give him more of a chance this season.

We put 6 goals past that United defence a few weeks ago tbf. My Gran would look class against Durnan and Scobbie, and she'll be 80 in May 

Miller was let go basically because he could no longer run (and had fallen out with Hartley), Livi certainly play to his strengths and he's still a decent player at this level, but ultimately he was part of the January clear out that has turned our season around so spectacularly (1 win in our first 16 games vs 6 wins in our last 9).

I'm in love with this team. Honestly and utterly love-struck. It's probably my favourite Livi team of all time and I don't want this season to end. We're going to run St Mirren the whole way and give the playoffs our best shot, who knows? 

A team with this level of work and confidence surely can have a shot at going toe to toe with Partick/Hamilton/Ross County. We drew with Partick at the start of the season and we're 10x that team now. Genuinely think Hardie is the key to our shot at going up, we won't ever get a chance like this for 5-10 years, as long as the players give it their all I'm happy. Hoppy could well be one of the best managers in our history so far based on the last 20 months. He's utterly transformed not only the entire playing squad but the entire club. He was given the chance by new owners to design the club in his image and he's not disappointed whatsoever. Would love for him to stay on and continue his own project but we'll likely not get that luxury. 

His work for the club cannot be underestimated, an absolute hero in all meanings of the word. You only need to look back to that shitty Stranraer pumping and how toxic the club was then, players who couldn't care about the club. Look at it now, everyone fighting for each other and for the club. I'm at a complete loss for words to describe what it means, it's a unique situation that a lot of other fans of clubs would probably look on puzzled about but as a club without a huge history it's funny having had such an up and down ride in such a short spell. I'm glad things seem to be back on the up now, in the right way financially. 

OK. Cannot bring myself to read through the match thread yet, so if I am duplicating, I apologise in advance. I now feel calm enough to post.

Livi - A decent, hard working team, good performance and 2 fantastic goals, the second was like a fucking heatseeking missile. IMO Livi were no more or less physical than any other team we have played, and tbf we won on Yellow cards. I put all Livis’s negative press about physicality down to typical Maureen moaning.

United, where do we fucking start??? Again, we have a team full of decent signings that we have turned into a bunch of overpaid (for the league they are playing in) Shiteawk journeymen. There were a few passages of decent play yesterday, but the majority of it was shite to the point of being almost laughable (ETA - For any Dees looking in, and who have been weighing in with your wisdom, fill your boots - I would have been laughing my cock off if I had been watching Dundee play like we did yesterday).

Overall we were outfought, outthought and lacked any composure on the ball whatsoever for the vast majority of the game.

Our defending was Benny Hill at best at times,  and our flying full backs would have been as well just going down the pub, (I hope Robson enjoyed his brief moment of success on Christmas Eve, as if things continue like this, the goal he scored the day before will be the pinnacle of his career)

Flood did what Flood does (runs about like a Loony), and the rest of the midfield were pretty anonymous, 

Lyng did the sum total off f**k all before having to go off, to be replaced by the even more ineffectual Mikkelson, who spend (as usual) more time on his arise waving his hands int he air than actually doing anything worthwhile. (ETA - Had he decided to have a wee shot rather than going down in the box looking for a pen we were never going to get, the result might have been different)

Macmullan when he comes on has a breakaway against tired defenders, rather than trying to use his pace, (which he has in abundance) he checks ant turns, which shows an abject lack of confidence.

The only good point yesterday was that that was the best I have seen Smith play to date. We had had no joy at all down the right until he cam on, where actually we began to become effective. He found the space for his goal and took it well.

Overall, actually was a really decent game with plenty of chances and 3 really good goals. I reckon a draw would have been a fair result, but Hardie (who was a thorn in our side for the whole game) pulls a pearler like that out of his arse and cuts our throats in the 91st minute - Fucking typifies everything about United just now I’m afraid.

I tend to place myself amongst the more positive/hopeful Arabs, but even I now accept that we are totally fucked, and not going up through any means this year. 

Rant over for now.

Bollocks :(

You've got to be a little bit pleased for Livi. They've had to deal with an incredible amount of off-field nonsense and mockery over the years but they are absolutely flying just now. Some fans getting totally and utterly carried away but all power to them. Would certainly find it funny as f**k if you pipped Saints to the title.

United are a joke. Be lucky to stay in the top four at this rate.

Archived