Free Agency 2018

lichtie23

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

From his interview today:

Jon Gruden on Marshawn Lynch: “He’s still a beast that’s hard to bring down. ... I’m counting on him being a big part of our football team.” One of draws to Raiders job was to “join forces” with Lynch.

Stick-on to be released then.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2018 at 18:40, Mr. Brightside said:

giphy.gif

Mo Wilk gone.

(I get it)

Mo money mo problems for Mo Wilkerson. Hasn’t performed anywhere near his abilities since his contract extension. 

39 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Wonder if Martavius Bryant might be available from the Steelers?

Seems that way, by all accounts. 

Bit of a dick though.

He is, but we’re desperate at WR. Mind you Wheaton hasn’t worked out well so far.

Kendal Wright was our best Receiver last year and he’s only average.

Otterwise we have Cameron Meredith back from injury if we re-sign him (restricted free agent) and hoping that Kevin White doesn’t continue to be made of glass.

On 2/28/2018 at 15:06, Fuctifano said:

Vontae Davis already picked up by the Bills with Chris Ivory also being looked at for backup RB

Ivory now signed 2 year deal. Would say that's an upgrade on Mike Tolbert as backup RB although taking up a bit of cap space, seemingly 21st highest paid RB?

6 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Ivory now signed 2 year deal. Would say that's an upgrade on Mike Tolbert as backup RB although taking up a bit of cap space, seemingly 21st highest paid RB?

Ivory is a great change of pace back. He isn’t durable enough to be a number 1 for a full season but I absolutely love the way he plays.

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Delightful. What did we give up?

2019 seventh-round draft pick and Ogletree for 2018 fourth and sixth round picks.

2019 seventh-round draft pick and Ogletree for 2018 fourth and sixth round picks.

Yea I seen that. That’s not a lot deal to give up for a position where we have struggled for years in. The Rams extended his contract in October. I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes

Archived