Arbroath vs Ayr United

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw probably about right but the free kick leading to it was laughable, wasn't looking forward to the 2nd half against the wind but Ayr created nothing for the first 30 mins of it and we looked comfy but good strike for the equaliser. Hope Gold is ok we looked good when he was on even for the short time he was on.

Difficult conditions for both teams but at least it was a warm wind:)

Think Ayr will win the league.

Draw probably about right but the free kick leading to it was laughable, wasn't looking forward to the 2nd half against the wind but Ayr created nothing for the first 30 mins of it and we looked comfy but good strike for the equaliser. Hope Gold is ok we looked good when he was on even for the short time he was on.
Difficult conditions for both teams but at least it was a warm wind[emoji4]
Think Ayr will win the league.

I thought it was a strange foul for him to give ayr - but he booked the player too did he not? He must've left something on Adams to get the booking.

I thought it was a strange foul for him to give ayr - but he booked the player too did he not? He must've left something on Adams to get the booking.

He hit Adams ankle, but it was literally impossible to avoid given he was following through with his pass and Adams slid in.

Ah, right, I remember the free-kick incident prior to the goal. It looked like a stamp off the ball (well a jab with his studs) and I was convinced the player would receive a red card. Possibly people missed it as I think the ball had gone by then.

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

He hit Adams ankle, but it was literally impossible to avoid given he was following through with his pass and Adams slid in.

Impossible to avoid does not mean it's not a foul. 

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The Ayr player tackled the Arbroath player who got the ball away so from where I was it looked a very strange decision. Should've dealt with the free kick anyway we had chances to clear it.

Impossible to avoid does not mean it's not a foul. 

Aye I know that, but it’s frustrating as f**k when Martin plays a pass, Adams makes a late tackle and is caught by Martins boot on the follow through of the pass he was trying to block.

It wasn’t a foul in anyone’s mind apart from the ref, unfortunately for us it’s him who makes the decisions. Nothing new, the overall standard of officiating is pitiful.

A draw was a fair result on the night, I think Ayr look a bit stronger than Raith at the moment but it will be tight. We’ve done enough now I think to make top 4 unless we collapse completely.

Whit?

Ayr had by far the better chances and other than 10-15 at the start of the second half and a couple of spells in the first ayr were dominating the ball.

Two goals came from two great strikes and the weather ruined the game - but ayr did more in the game and were the team pushing at the end.

I'll take the point though, as that was very hard fought. Probably our toughest fixture in the run in.

We were clean through twice and playing better in the conditions. Ayr were humping it forward and only really looked dangerous from set pieces where you were able to pile bodies forward. Overall a draw was probably a fair result.

Another game ruined by the weather, the wind was brutal making it difficult to play good football. Bring on summer football.

Thought we were going to take all 3 points but a draw probably a fair result. Didn't look too good for David Gold when he had to be subbed shortly after coming on as a sub. Hope he isn't too badly injured. Some good performances throughout the team and Ricky Gomes looked capable and confident after being out for so long and having such an easy time on Saturday. 

Another game ruined by the weather, the wind was brutal making it difficult to play good football. Bring on summer football.
Thought we were going to take all 3 points but a draw probably a fair result. Didn't look too good for David Gold when he had to be subbed shortly after coming on as a sub. Hope he isn't too badly injured. Some good performances throughout the team and Ricky Gomes looked capable and confident after being out for so long and having such an easy time on Saturday. 

The wind blows in the summer too unfortunately

Get a grip. Only tonight and Raith before Christmas have been windy like that.

We were clean through twice and playing better in the conditions. Ayr were humping it forward and only really looked dangerous from set pieces where you were able to pile bodies forward. Overall a draw was probably a fair result.
I actually agree with quite a lot of that but I think ayr were more dangerous than you seem to be making out. It was ugly but we were getting through - and had a lot of set piece chances.

Draw a fair result.

I actually agree with quite a lot of that but I think ayr were more dangerous than you seem to be making out. It was ugly but we were getting through - and had a lot of set piece chances.

Draw a fair result.

Set pieces were dangerous. I was extremely happy when you decided to take a short corner at one point.

51 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

If we played a summer football season, to fit in the same amount of games we play currently (getting clubs to agree too less games is very difficult as more games = more revenue) the season would probably have started in the last two weeks...... the time the weather has been at its worst and seen mass postponements.

I would agree the wind made things extremely difficult this evening though (not great weather for an opening day fixture/ flag presentation which is what summer football would give us ;) ) and I think we did very well considering the conditions.

My first and last time at Arbroath, absolutely awful conditions for both teams and talking to Arbroath fans this seems the norm at Arbroath. Went over to the main stand side the last ten and the wind was blowing you away thought the flag pole was going to crack, so well done the players from both teams for trying to put on a show in those conditions. Draw a fair result but thought we were beaten tonight.

good Arbroath team who will not be far away in the play offs and hope we're not involved

Archived